Oregon Rifleworks
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Gun Deals
Low Price Guns
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms Forum
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Anywhere within an hour of Tacoma to shoot 50 BMG?

User 1234

Reactions
50 BMG makes little sense, and yes it would be more practical to get a 30-06. But I continue to be tempted by a 50 BMG, especially because standard issue ammo is $2.30 a round right now, as opposed to $5. If, however, I would have to drive five hours just to fire it, that fact might bump wisdom back into the driver’s seat and cause this conception to vanish.

If you know of a good forest spot with a solid backstop and want to PM me, I promise I do not leave trash behind.

OP
User 1234

User 1234

Reactions
Maybe I could find a good National Forest spot with 500 yards of clear view into a hill.

:( It’s sounding like I may need to be practical.

Camelfilter

Reactions
50 BMG makes little sense, and yes it would be more practical to get a 30-06. But I continue to be tempted by a 50 BMG, especially because standard issue ammo is $2.30 a round right now, as opposed to $5. If, however, I would have to drive five hours just to fire it, that fact might bump wisdom back into the driver’s seat and cause this conception to vanish...
Owning & shooting a .50 BMG would surely be neat! However going over any practical uses for such, Ive ruled it out. For us.

Thinking on distance, I’ve come to think that .308 is fine, again for us.

Whence that is fully satisfying, or mayhaps to try out something further challenging, I’m thinking .300 Win Mag may be the ticket. But that’d be a ways down the road from now.

.338 Lapua Mag is up there with .50BMg. For us.

Surely would be neat-o! But would be way under utilized vs expense & time to find safe spots & then practicality & all that.

Owning & shooting a .50 BMG would surely be neat! However going over any practical uses for such, Ive ruled it out. For us.

Thinking on distance, I’ve come to think that .308 is fine, again for us.

Whence that is fully satisfying, or mayhaps to try out something further challenging, I’m thinking .300 Win Mag may be the ticket. But that’d be a ways down the road from now.

.338 Lapua Mag is up there with .50BMg. For us.

Surely would be neat-o! But would be way under utilized vs expense & time to find safe spots & then practicality & all that.
For “us”? Who all is in there with you? Name yourself! Unclean spirit!

Reactions
A 50 bmg is just plain fun to shoot. Take the drive out to the Upper Nisqually Sportsmen Club and see what it,s like. Be there a little early. Give me a call if your,e coming. 253 973 9047

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online