JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am going to say probably not....nowdays all the timberland to your west is privatized, gated, and patrolled. We used to shoot long distance several places out near and past Timber but that is a thing of the past. Thanks a lot to the vandals, garbage dumpers, and meth addicts. I'm not sure where there is exactly any state land left without a map handy and the few places I can, there is no way you could shoot 500 yds. I hear people are now shooting out off the Salmonberry Rd. south off Hwy 26 past the rest area but unless there are some newer clearcuts in there I don't recall any open areas.

Is the Lower Wolf Creek road off of H-26 closed now? There were places up there you could shoot that far.
I'm pretty sure the road is still open along with the Salmonberry Rd....there might be some places back in there as there has been a lot of cutting since the last times I was in there. That area used to be my second home back in the 80's but I haven't lived near there in 7-8 years. Probably wouldn't hurt a guy to go up there and drive around. Might find someplace w/ 500 yds somewhere. If you get bored go to Camp 9 and take the Beaver Slide Rd. down to the Salmonberry River. LOL That'll get a guys blood pumping.

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club / DRRC has a 1000, 800, 600, 400, and 200 yard lines and a 100 yard covered firing line, indoor pistol / rimfire range, skeet, trap and sporting clays, along with many other venues, it is over 120 acres, open dawn to dusk, but it isn't free, it is however well maintained with many shooter friendly amenities.

isnt the rock quarry at browns camp big enough for that? its where i go but i dont shoot past 100 yards being as i have only a sks and a handgun. you can get to browns camp from beaverton by taking 26 west, take the tillimook exit (hwy 66) until you see a brown sign (that says browns camp) on the right side of the road that tells you to turn left the sign is pretty obvious and you wont miss it. its just about an hour drive in all plus beavercreek armory is on the way incase you need to pick up ammo other places around here wont sell unless you buy a gun from them. not a big fan of beavercreek armory but they are the only ones who will sell 9mm without trying to force a new gun down your throat. also if anyone else knows a place where i could find some 9mm that is cheaper than $20 for 50 ball rounds in or very near to aloha i would love to hear it.

...and if you go on weekends it is generally full of well meaning idiots and drunkards.

Go out 26, there's LOTS out there if you're willing to explore, just remember your way back :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top