Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anywhere near Sun River OR?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Joe13, May 6, 2014.

1. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Heading down to Sun River in about 6 weeks for a short vacation.

I'll play a round of golf but other then that I don't see a lot to do in the area.

Wanted to know if anyone knows of a good shooting area near there so I can take some rifles and get away, from the getaway =).

Any info would be greatly appreciated. This board has been wonderful and entertaining. I have also really liked the people I have met so far. So thanks!!!

Btw - I searched for Sun River in this sub forum but didn't see anything listed.

etrain16 likes this.
  2. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

Do a search for "Vandervert road" and read the posts by RV Tech in La Pine.

Joe13 and etrain16 like this.
  3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

We're heading to Sunriver shortly too, thanks for the information. The only place I had found to shoot so far was east out of Bend, about 50 minutes drive from Sunriver. There's a range out there where they have a place set up for non-members. Good to know there are some spots much closer to Sunriver.

4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That was EXACTLY what I was hoping for!!! Thanks so much for the reply and info =).

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

PM me Joe and I can give you some specifics

7. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member