JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any suggestions of some good spots west of Cornell/185th? Tired of some of the not so bright people at Browns. Think I have had 10-15 barrels waved at me in the past month. Nothing really long, shoot mostly shotgun and pistol. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

BTW...I pick up after myself really well :)

If you head up drift creek or storey burn there are several small areas and some longer ones as. Storey burn is almost directly across HWY6 from Browns and drift creek is another .5-1 mile west same side as storey burn.

I don't like dirty shooting areas either, but let's not be under the impression that shooting areas get shut down because of trash. It's just a convenient excuse. They get shut down because of the political pressure. The environmental impact of trash piles at secluded shooting areas is absolutely nil, an eyesore to be sure, but it does not effect the natural resources. Just come up to Washington and look at all the shooting spots we bent over backwards to maintain over the last 10 years. It's the same story at each one, someone wants to ride their mountain bike around an ad hoc gun range, complains about getting shot at because none of the hundreds of popular trails were good enough and the individual really wants to just ride around the backstop, complains about trash, and the shooting spot is inevitably shut down. Even though our laws used to allow for shooting anywhere on DNR land that is safe, it is now illegal to shoot anywhere off the forest roads in the I-90 corridor because every square inch of our land has to be in pristine shape for mountain biking and horseback riding, and not one acre of it can be reserved for target shooting.

I don't like dirty shooting areas either, but let's not be under the impression that shooting areas get shut down because of trash. It's just a convenient excuse.

Maybe, but the trash is always what "breaks the camels back" so to speak. It's also a good reason to yell at people that don't pick up their trash.

I have an easy system so I leave no trash behind when I shoot. I bring two 12x12 tarps with me. One is canvas the other is plastic. The canvas one I put where I am shooting, the other one goes where I set up any breakable targets. When I have finished shooting I just fold the tarps and whatever is on them. The canvas one has my brass and when I get home can retrieve it.The plastic one with the garbage on it gets carefully opened and the garbage goes in the garbage can. They both get folded and put back in my shooting box ready for the next trip. Why two kinds of tarps? The canvas one is not slippery.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top