JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've lived in Salem for most of life. The closest place I could find was near Dallas. The only shooting range Salem did have has been closed for some years.

I've lived in Salem for most of life. The closest place I could find was near Dallas. The only shooting range Salem did have has been closed for some years.

Thats not true. Four Corners Rod and Gun Club has been operating on its property east of Salem off State St. Since 1947 uninterupted. Granted it is a private club. But unless you like being up in the woods with the unwashed simulating being in combat while trying to hang your targets. A Private Club is a very nice option.

Check us out at our web site Four Corners Rod and Gun Club

Thats not true. Four Corners Rod and Gun Club has been operating on its property east of Salem off State St. Since 1947 uninterupted. Granted it is a private club. But unless you like being up in the woods with the unwashed simulating being in combat while trying to hang your targets. A Private Club is a very nice option.

Check us out at our web site Four Corners Rod and Gun Club

While it is a nice, convenient facility, what disappoints me the most is only being able to shoot paper targets there. That's the reason I go "out in the woods" to shoot.

If I was going to join a private club, it would probably be Albany Rifle and Pistol Club.

Thanks guys....I was a member there, but let my membership lapse and just don't have an extra $200 laying around to get back in.

A couple years ago, we got permission to hunt some private property on the outskirts of Independence, and also recall going there with my friend to do some plinking. At least 100 yard shot from bench, large dirt backstop with a single layer of tires along the bottom and many tires for walls on the sides. Even though the property has No Trespassing signs posted everywhere around the locked gates, I got permission to visit tonight once again. Maybe 200 yards or so of a walk towards the Willamette River, and there she was. Complete with a couple steel silhouettes, a couple target stands and multiple 55 gallon plastic drums. They upgraded and even put up a sign, too! Not a bad deal, less than 10 miles from my house :)

IMAG0365.jpg

This topic has been discussed many times and I remember there was a detailed map of a shooting area up towards Detroit.
I also get sick of punching paper at 4 Corners, and all the petty rules( if you shoot a rifle- no standing or prone- you have to shoot sitting and shoot through a barrel), the only good range you can only shoot pistol at 100yds, it seems that whenever I want to go theres always some seminar or camp or sighting in orwhatever that closes it off for me.
But this year I turned old fart and get the 50% off discount so for $100 a year I'll stick it out.

This topic has been discussed many times and I remember there was a detailed map of a shooting area up towards Detroit.
I also get sick of punching paper at 4 Corners, and all the petty rules( if you shoot a rifle- no standing or prone- you have to shoot sitting and shoot through a barrel), the only good range you can only shoot pistol at 100yds, it seems that whenever I want to go theres always some seminar or camp or sighting in orwhatever that closes it off for me.
But this year I turned old fart and get the 50% off discount so for $100 a year I'll stick it out.

This is incorrect. Four Corners allows shooting standing and or prone or sitting etc. It is suggested you shoot through the barrels to help keep the sound level down for the neighbors but its not required. In fact your never supposed to shoot Black Powder rifles through them at all. Not sure what the comment about shooting pistols at 100 yards. You can shoot pistols at everything from 10yards to 200 yards.

If you download the monthly calender you can easily see when an event is scheduled and either shoot at a different range or shoot on a different day or part of the day.

The lower range specificially states you can only shoot Pistol at 100 yds. Its a much finer range than the short range. Unless you like being jammed together.
I tried to shoot rifle standing and was told only to shoot through the barrels because of the noise, this was by a Mr Brown.
Yes I know there is a newsletter online, my argument was that it SEEMS to me theres always some event precluding the use of a particular range- For instance the Memorial day weekend- I was all set for a bit of relaxed shooting the first chance I had free- And to my surprise they had a NRA camp for 4 days - all ranges closed!. Many times I've only had a specific time available and sure enough there was a event.

Thanks guys....I was a member there, but let my membership lapse and just don't have an extra $200 laying around to get back in.

A couple years ago, we got permission to hunt some private property on the outskirts of Independence, and also recall going there with my friend to do some plinking. At least 100 yard shot from bench, large dirt backstop with a single layer of tires along the bottom and many tires for walls on the sides. Even though the property has No Trespassing signs posted everywhere around the locked gates, I got permission to visit tonight once again. Maybe 200 yards or so of a walk towards the Willamette River, and there she was. Complete with a couple steel silhouettes, a couple target stands and multiple 55 gallon plastic drums. They upgraded and even put up a sign, too! Not a bad deal, less than 10 miles from my house :)

IMAG0365.jpg
This is a private range, and I have been there too- but as part of an intro to handgun class. It is, however, quite nice

Just join ARPC shedd isnt that far from south salem. 4 corners is a joke!! when i go shoot i like to shoot not be constantly told im shooting to "fast", Have to big a magazine in my AR, or b worried the neighbors are gonna be mad about noise because they bought a house next to a range!

Just join ARPC shedd isnt that far from south salem. 4 corners is a joke!! when i go shoot i like to shoot not be constantly told im shooting to "fast", Have to big a magazine in my AR, or b worried the neighbors are gonna be mad about noise because they bought a house next to a range!

Perhaps the fact that there has not been a reported accident in DECADES, if ever at 4 corners might be a testament to all the "rules". With over 900 members, that is saying something. Personally, I have found the 4 corners folks to be a great bunch to be around...if safety is importanr...and it is

Perhaps the fact that there has not been a reported accident in DECADES, if ever at 4 corners might be a testament to all the "rules". With over 900 members, that is saying something. Personally, I have found the 4 corners folks to be a great bunch to be around...if safety is importanr...and it is

And when exactly was the last if ever accident at ARPC? With ARPC having over 2000 members, that is really saying something! Safety is priority number 1 at any range. But it is also nice to go out and have a good time at the range that is where 4 corners fails in my opinion. Thier rules are over bearing but that is probably because of thier location more than anything. im sure if you are shooting bolt action rifles its a fine place to shoot but if you want to shoot semi auto or full auto style weapons then head down to ARPC keep it pointed down range and have a blast!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top