JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i came up with a unfinished billet 80% lower I would like to build and was looking at the various jigs avaiable. I got to thinking and figured there was probably someone out there with a jig and a lower to finish but was lacking modivation or equipment. My offer would be you show up at my shop and let me used your jig, and I'll let you use my milling machine to finish yours, seems like a win/win

I'm in Auburn WA, let me know if your interested ;-)

I'd like to say yes because I have jigs and lowers, but I live over near tri-cities. I don't know if I'll get over that way any time soon. But if you'd like to lug your mill over here, I've got a spot near the forge to keep it warm. You could even store it here so you wouldn't have to worry about bringing it all the way back to Auburn. :D

If you got a forge it would probably be worth it to you just to make the trip over to play in the shop. I have 5 power hammers and a 200 ton forging press :D

...I'm a little jealous.
:cool:

Just a little? Let me see if I can fix that

image.jpg
Far right you should be able to make out the 300 lb Beaudry, the treadle hammer and #6 deep Norton fly press. In the front middle the tire hammer and anvil area. Behind is the 4B Nazel, 210 ton Williams White forging press and the 60KG Say Mak. To the left the induction forge, KA150 striking hammer and IR40. This is just the "dirty" side of the shop. All the machine shop stuff is behind that wall in the next room. I have one of the largest and best equipped artist blacksmith shops on the west coast.

View attachment 118699 View attachment 118698

Her is is one looking out from behind the Nazel at the main fab area and one looking at the machine shop from behind the Bridgport
Hummina hummina hummina!

Id be a like a kid at disney land!

With all that you should make a scrapmetal/shovel AK! (Like that one guy)

Lord knows you have the equipment. You'd forever have my "AK brethren respect" if you did. :)

I've thought about it, the issue with most things like that is with a big shop comes big overhead and I can't afford my own shop rate. Every hour I spend working on my own projects costs me about $125 (my shop rate plus overhead) so I have to really want to do something for it to be worthwhile. A project like that would end up costing me several grand to end up with something that is really nothing more than a fancy show and tell peice. I am better off working on a customers project and spending the money on what I want. I have work in $20 million dollar homes, but there is none of my architectural work in my own home. I simply can't afford it.:D

Stomper, do you need a .223 jig or a .308 jig? I have both. I also have a .223 receiver to mill. I even have a 1911 jig if you want to use that. I even come with end mills...lol. Let me know if you want to use them. Send me a PM, I have a strange work schedule.

Funny that, I have jigs and end mills too! :D

OOPs, that is what happens when you get off of work from a 12 hour day and a few beers. LOL. My post should have been for IronMonster not you Stomper. Sorry bout that. IronMonster.....My post was for you. I have the jigs if you want to use them. Let me know.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top