JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have thought about 204 since the release but I held off because off the thought of barrel burn and light bullet accuracy but now I notice you never hear anything about the round anymore.Any feed back would help me make a choice.

I have a Remington SPS-V that I immediately dropped into a McMillan A3 Sporter stock. Mounted a Redfield 4-12x scope in Leupold DD rings (temporarily, 'til I buy some better glass). I shoot it better than any other rifle I own. I don't have enough rounds fired to be worried about throat erosion. I've only shot it at the range, at 100 yards, so no opinions about how it shoots at longer range. I am a little concerned about reloading itty bitty bullets with sausage-like fingers.

DSC_5125.jpg

I have a savage model 12 vlp in .204. There are only two rifles that i have shot that were more accurate and one was my father-in-laws savage model 12 lrpv in 204. Its an awesome round. The ballistics are quite nice and the barrel life is supposedly equal to a .223 because it burns less powder (than a 22-250). Shoots flatter and retains more energy at long distance than a comparable .223 without the kick and barrel erosion of the 22-250.

I have two, an AR and a Ruger VT bolt action. Great round. The Ruger is probably the most accurate gun that I own. I have been shooting it a lot lately at ranges from 100-600 yards. Shooting 35 gr Bergers at around 3700 fps. Now obviously, at 600 yards it isn't doing much damage but it gets there pretty quick, flat and repeatably. I have also shot a few coyotes with them and they work great for that also. Bullet enters but doesn't exit. DRT.

It's a marginal advantage over the .223 under 200 yards, but an advantage for sure. That being said i ended up getting one a couple months ago after doing a lot of research and shooting one this summer a bit to try out. I don't think you will get the barrel like of a .223 but It didn't seem to be that bad from what I read. It uses a bit more powder and is faster which reduces barrel life as could be expect.

Most people shoot the 39gr Sierra Blitz King as it offers one of the best BCs. Be sure to look real close at the CZ 527 Kevlar in 204. I've seen a number of these and they all shoot very well. The stocks are awesome and after years of use don't show any dents or dings like wood.

Hard to find more value than the 527 Kevlar Package. I have one in .223 and now in .204 now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top