JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
im lookin to pay someone to load some ammo for me, i have 500 .223/5.56 brass that is tumbled and ready to be reloaded, but i dont have the loading dies and the bullets for it....

if interested let me know

I doubt you will get anyone that will accept money to load for you. It is a liability that many will not want to accept. You will probably find someone that will let you use their goodies at their place though. I do not have the dies otherwise I would of up the services of my dillon 550b.

Let's be honest,
with unemployment near 10% and the actual number closer to 18%...... someone will do it.

Maybe the OP's "mistake" is in asking so publicly.

Good luck to you, if your ever in Tacoma........;)

im sorry guys, i didnt know it was illegal to have someone load for me, now that i know i wont ask. but.....

if someone is willin to teach me that would be awesome, cuz i dont have the tools to do it myself or the knowledge

reloading for the purpose of selling the reloaded ammunition is illegal. but working under the table for someone for an hourly wage is a whole different jurisdiction.

I'm in Lebanon and have an inexpensie Lee reloader. It works fairly well. I can show you how to reload. I's pretty straight forward. Cabella's had Russian steel case ammo for $4 a box. Keith 619-7014

As has been said... If you wanted to have someone reload for you, there are a lot of professional reloading outfits out there who will do custom loads usually for an hourly rate, or a per-round rate. However, this usually outstrips what you would pay for new ammo off the shelf.

Getting the license to be a "professional loader" isn't too big a deal, it's $30/3 years and you need to pass an inspection. You don't need insurance, but at that point you are absorbing the liability personally. Most big outfits don't want to do that, so they carry product liability insurance.

When reloading, if it's customer brass, and it's not comingled with other customer's brass, the ammunition is exempt from excise unless the ammunition will be for sale. Most of this information is covered in the faq's on the ATF website. If it hasn't been moved over yet, it could still be on the TTB website.

Frankly, if you are going to start up an operation like this, give the ATF a call, they are no longer the big black jack boot wearing thugs they were in the 90's, because now they need to pay their bills by collecting taxes and fees. Prisoners don't pay taxes or fees, so ATF has to a point become a much more business friendly entity.

Ya I have a Commercial License to load ammo since 1996, with the price of components and If you can find them It just isn't worth it unless one loads ALOT of ammo

I do a few custom jobs for some guys but I've pretty much gotten out of it.

If your loading your 223/556 for an auto I would not do it because I can't gaurentee it will function 100%

If your loading your 223/556 for an auto I would not do it because I can't gaurentee it will function 100%

Uhrmm.... You're doing something wrong as a commercial manufacturer if you can't get reloaded rounds to work in a semi-auto.

Typically for .223 ammunition, you have to play around to get the brass sized properly. After that, just putting enough powder in the shell and mating it with the correct bullet for that charge is all it takes.

I will agree that there is no money in commodity ammunition, the type 07 I currently work for doesn't do bulk, we do only high end custom stuff that very few other companies do. I am also in the process of starting my own business and plan to go with my 07 after the move up north. However, I will not be producing reloaded ammunition as the bread and butter of my business, I plan to produce reloading machines instead.

Having someone reload for you can be dangerous because you have no idea who you are dealing with. What you need to find is a licensed ATF class 6 license holder which means that they are approved to legally sell ammunition to the public. I am a class 6 holder and make ammunition cheaper than you can buy it at Bi-Mart. Most of my business is reloaded brass, but new brass is also an option. Give me a call . 971-235-4555

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top