JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have yet been able to get to The GunWorks in Springfield.
But every year Joe and Suzi come up to the Monroe blackpowder gun show.
They and their staff and always ready to help you out in your black powder needs.
Also they actually listen to what you want and are very honest and fair when dealing with gun trades.
If anyone is in the market for blackpowder or related items I highly recommend going to The GunWorks.
Andy

I was in Eugene a few months ago, I had some free time one day and went to head over there. I called ahead and they were closed that day for inventory :mad: Totally bummed I didn't get to check them out while I was there - had cash in hand for a BP rifle at the time too.

Shopping on the internet is like watching sex.

It really isn't the same thing as walking into the store and having a bit of jaw-flap time with the crew in there, especially in the USA where you get greeted like the rich old uncle that you've just GOT me make happy. I don't seem to be able to go into a gun-store, particularly Joe and Suzi's place in Springfield and the other down in Gold Beach, without spending at least half an hour telling shooting lies.

Anyhow, the gas and drive-time is a meh for me, since the time we spend over with you guys is nothing less than heaven without dying.

Trust me on this one, guys. I know whereof I spoges. [please insert winking emoticon here, thank you]

tac

Good points;).

I was joshin ya bud:p.

I need to touchy feally the stuff I want to buy because I have very particular textile tastes.

Once I find a brand and size, I'm liable to order the stuff online, especially if they have a clearance sale or something.

For us living here for most of the year, even your MRSP is cheap. Your sales are just stoopid cheap.

tac

I was not aware it was so pricy over there.

Been all over SE Asia but always wanted to do a little UK, Germany trip.

Maybe when my kid is finally done with school and a Nerologist she will take her broke bubblegum parents to Europe.

Hmmm, homeschooling plus medical school is brutal on the savings account. Thank everything she keeps getting good scholarships.

Example - the new Ruger Precision rifle can be bought in many places in the USA for less than a thousand dollars.

Here in yUK, they are selling at an unbelievable rate for just over TWO thousand dollars.

And of course, there are no Cabelas or Bass Pro in UK.

Nor Eddy Bauer, either.

Nor Columbia....

tac

Just for a laff, everything you see me wearing in that little movie is either from WA [my Clark Rifles hat] or Oregon -

Fleece from Camp 18 on Highway 26 [great cinnamon buns!]

Plaid woollen outer shirt from Lloyd Centre Sears.

T-shirt from the Eddy Bauer outlet in Lincoln City

Pants and shoes from the Columbia outlet in Sellwood.

Eyeglasses courtesy of an opthalmologist that is not longer in the Lloyd Centre... :=(

tac, supporting the PNW since 1986.

PS - in my avatar pic I'm wearing one of my collection of Portland Bolt Inc. headgear [thanks, Mike]
Thanks for coming down to oregon/portland we welcome you down here anytime

Well hell I thought Everson WA was in South Eastern WA but I just looked it up your not far from me in ANACORTES GOOGLE SAYS HOUR DRIVE lol hell yeah I want to shoot one of those old guns I see this a old thread but anyway I'll wait till it gets warmer out and see if offer still stands

The offer stills stands ... Looking forward to seeing you EPS.
Our club's Rendezvous is the weekend after Mother's day ... and we have a shoot the first Sunday of each month.
Andy
OK at this time I work every Sunday but that could change soon new bids soon and got vacation and I can always call in sick but like I said I'll wait till it gets warmer I spent too many years freezing my A$$ off at work to enjoy it in my off time between Alaska fishing and driving a truck getting stuck in snow and ice storm 's I like my fun stuff to happen in any weather above 60 degrees lol

Out of curiosity is there a portion of the traditional black powder shooting community that makes their own Black Powder/Charcoal or is that something you folks mostly just buy?

In particular I'm wondering about small scale relativity primitive methods of doing so. I used to make 2-3 lb batches of really fast BP using Balsa charcoal/sulfur/KNO3 and a little 5 lb ball mill but having a low tech method would be an interesting project.

I think there may have been something in the foxfire books about charcoal production but I'm not sure about the other important parts.

I've made it before .... but I just buy it now.
Foxfire #5 is the book with the chapters on muzzle loaders.
Andy
Like I said in another thread I have a friend at work that shoots muzzle loader but I think he just does it to get out of the house lol 4 hours at the range to shoot 20 shots lol

Like I said in another thread I have a friend at work that shoots muzzle loader but I think he just does it to get out of the house lol 4 hours at the range to shoot 20 shots lol
That's funny...:)
I can get about 3 shots per minute out of my rifle if I'm really in a shooting groove.
We had about 12 shooters on the line at our last shoot and it took about hour to get off 25 shots.
Granted some of that time was non - shooting time for posting and pulling targets.
Also we had two young shooters who need a little help ... Which was great 'cause its nice to see young folks at our range.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads