Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone want to join me for long range shooting in the McMinnville area?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Shooter98, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Shooter98

Shooter98 McMinnville, Or. Member

I have an area that I shoot regularly past 600 yards. Being that my gf and I are down to 1 vehicle now, and I am off during the day I have a hard time getting out to shoot anymore. So, if any one is interested in picking me up, driving about 20 miles outside of Mac and shooting during the week, just let me know. Oh, and of course I'll help with fuel. Please be a serious shooter. I don't need to baby sit any rookie shooters that don't know what safety or common sense is. Thank you, lol...

Mike. 503-400-9056

Silver Fox and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

I will be in touch.

SF-

3. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

Me too.

4. Shooter98

We're shooting this Sunday and next Thursday if anyone is interested.

5. Frailwords

Frailwords oregon New Member

I would if I could affored ammo! I could use a good shooting buddy with My 270

6. Cremator75

Cremator75 Portland, OR Active Member

I have a nice Winchester Model 70 in 270 WSM that I have only shot out to 200 with. It has a 4.5-14x44 Zeiss Conquest scope that should be good that far. I would love to make it out there sometime to see what I can do at 600.

7. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

Well, we discovered yesterday that a little, itsy-bitsy, 50gr VMax thrown out of a .223 is good for 430 or so, with iron sights, prolly further with a scope...So yeah, I'd say the 270 should rip out there pretty easy.

All of these things will preform out that far very easily, it's the soft squishy part at the other end that is often the problem:laugh:

Had a good time yesterday, though next time water and sunscreen are a MUST! I'm still dehydrated and a little crispy around the edges.

8. Shooter98

Yea, my legs are killing me after hiking those targets 600+ meters uphill, and forgetting water ugh!!! lol... Oh, and I do have a nice little burn going on the back of my neck, probably from laying prone lol.... Was a good time though!

9. Clipped

Clipped Northwest Member

Any of you guys still shooting in this place. Looking for a place to shot yardage outside Mac....
    Want a place to shoot this winter.

10. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

To far to drive to get an *** woopin.

11. Clipped

Clipped Northwest Member

I agree that would be a drive. Anyone else have a spot to get over 500yrds outside Mac?

12. CLT65

CLT65 Yamhill County Active Member

I wish I could find a spot to shoot any range at all outside Mac, without having to drive an hour.

13. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

If you guys make it over to the High Desert, PM me. We have some fun areas for long range shooting set up.

14. wiky86

wiky86 Gladstone Active Member

My cousin lives out there and she's been wanting to go shoot, might I get the location of this place?

Thanks!