JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to go explore a new-to-me small stream in the NW zone (one of like, 3 open year round for trout fishing). My regular fishing partner has to work, the poor bastard.

Regs for the stream are fly & lure only. I will be fly fishing. I have never fished this water before, but I've done some research, and have seens some pics of the water - this is a small stream. I don't expect big fish. I don't expect to catch a lot. I'm opting for a light weight outfit - a 4 weight fly rod. If you want to spin fish, I'd recommend something light or ultra light action - 4 or 6lb line at the heaviest.

The stream does have a small steelhead run, and it is open for hatchery steelies also, but we'll be fishing really high in the system (the part open for trout) so I doubt there's any winter steel up that high yet.

Since it's a trout trip, not a steelhead expedition, I plan on leaving my place around 8AM or so and to the river between 9 and 9:30.

I'm willing to meet up in Cornelius or the west end of Hillsboro (I live at the western extreme of Forest Grove), or we can meet up at the river. I don't limit my fishing time, and won't agree or promise to leave by a certain time. You are welcome to drive, and leave when you like. I ususally don't leave early unless it starts snowing heavily, unless someone gets really hurt (near death, limb loss,, traumatic head injury, or compound fracture type stuff - not for some namby pamby scratch or case of the sniffles. My usual fishing partner has broken fingers and twisted ankles while fishing, and still fished on.)

I have only a few simple ground rules/requests of fishing partners:

We're going fishing, not drinking. Plz leave the booze at home (one beer for lunch is fine, but I ain't carrying someone out of the woods who gets shat faced and stumbles on a rock and bumps his noggin. Besides, six packs are heavy and will just slow you down.)

Don't try to limit my time on the water. See my earlier statement about such.

We don't talk politics while fishing, even if we agree about the subject. I fish to relax and forget about "civilized" crap like that.

No smoking in the car. If you need a nic fix, get it before we hit the road - we don't stop till we're at the river :) Same for peeing, go before we go!

Like I said earlier, this is new water for me. I don't know exactly what to expect this time of year, so I'd recommend you dress warmly, have chest waders, good boots, and bring a couple liters of water to keep hydrated. Pack a good lunch. I'll be taking a day pack with some basic emergency supplies, recommend you do the same. I also recommend you keep your gear pared down as much as possible, as I'm thinking about covering as much water as possible to see what there is to see and find the best runs/pools.

PM me if you're interested.

Sounds fun, but with all those rules, why not just go by yourself; then the only one that can mess up your trip is you?

However it works out, hope you have a great time!

Sounds fun, but with all those rules, why not just go by yourself; then the only one that can mess up your trip is you?

However it works out, hope you have a great time!

I'm going either way - thought I'd extend an invite and see if anyone was interested. Don't think its too much to ask for a sober, non cry baby fishing partner who has to be home exactly at X o'clock, or maybe it is judging by a lot of the trash I've picked up on the river banks before?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top