Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Anyone want to get in on a lead deal ????

Reactions
Anyone want to get in on a lead deal check this out maybe a few of can get together and have a life time supply of bullet material

<broken link removed>

Reactions
what are your thoughts on this. can you get the barrels to your place and maybe process and ship from there? 58,000 is more then a semi load. if the details can be worked out i'd like to get in on this.

Reactions
what are your thoughts on this. can you get the barrels to your place and maybe process and ship from there? 58,000 is more then a semi load. if the details can be worked out i'd like to get in on this.
semi load is figgured at 60,000 lbs. The big question is what did they have in these lead lined barrels? I can think of only two things requiring this one is acid, the other is real nasty you may want to check them out with a geiger counter.

Reactions
semi load is figgured at 60,000 lbs. The big question is what did they have in these lead lined barrels? I can think of only two things requiring this one is acid, the other is real nasty you may want to check them out with a geiger counter.
well then you can load radioactive loads :p

either way, idk if it is something you want to be melting down.

OP
Hotwheelz
Reactions
IM not sure what was kept in them Im sure if they were giving off Radiation it wouldnt be for sale but as far as acid maybe I have no idea. I saw it and it was local for once seems like I see cool stuff on the gov. auction but usually in Texas, or Florida I will try giving them a call and see if they know what was held in them ??? As far as trucking may have to suck it up and pay somone to pick them up.

Reactions
Two flat bed runs is my guess. Then they need fork lift off-load and warehousing. Then redistributing. I am thinking that you might consider sharing with boat builders for their sail boat keels. Boaters would have familiarity of truckers and smelting/melting. Or, even cheaper, they might have trailers and trucks to haul from Bremmerton.

Reactions
I'd help if I could, but I am not a hauler. I'm in Olympia. I could use a few tons or we could sell some for scrap too to pay the shippers and use the rest.

OP
Hotwheelz
Reactions
Still no bids Im just not sure if it manageable or not I will try to get some idea of how much cost would be to ship I called and talked with the guy he said he had no idea what was housed inside the drums but assured me there was nothing hazardus left in them but when melting down it maybe a diff. story........

Reactions
That is a lot of lead. I'd like to see the $$$ of getting it shipped, and talk logistics of storage, but I'd be interested in a few barrels if something went through.

Reactions
One drum weighs about 1,600 pounds. At 7000 grainsperpound and whipping my head around sharply while squinting, I come up with something in the neighborhood of 80,000 to 90,000 bullets. Per barrel. Lot is 36 barrels. That is going to take a LOT of propane to melt and pour. :D

Pops

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider