JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im rebuilding my Hi-Power into what i consider the ultimate carry piece (night sights, mag safety removal, commander hammer, back and front strap checkering and coating).

Anyone used a local smith here in WA to coat a gun? Im debating either DuraCoat or CeraKote for now, but open to suggestions?

what was the cost and were you satified with the work? Did it hold up?

thanks guys

I've always had Dave from Southridge Arms do what I needed. He uses KG Guncoat mainly but offers other finishes like Ceracoat as well as nickel plating. His shop is in Orting and he's very fair on pricing. He has a fast turn around time and will always go the extra mile for you.

I have done a few rifles and a few handguns as well.

Used dura bake at first but use gunkote now as it goes on smoother and seams to hold up better.

Dont use a non bake product on metals it will not hold up as well.

Did my buddies kimber slide and it looks great.

Prep is important sand blast (the right areas) and brake clean to degrease.

Airbrush bake and its over.

A few years ago I dropped a gun of at Wade's and they sent it out to be finished. I believe it is the same gent that Ethereal spoke of, as they called him Dave. At any rate he did a very nice job and the finish (KG gun coat) is still in great condition.

I wouldn't mind finding someone in Washington that could duracoat my rifle to be more camo/environmentally stealthy. Subscribing to the thread for that purpose.

You guys here in Puget sound. I have done some durscoat on three AK's. Turned out great. Duracoat has a couple of dozen camo patterns to choose from. They are a peel and spray kit. All precut. It really isn't hard to do. I used the Desert Mirageflage. I have pics posted in the "Show your guns" thread. If you would like...I can do it for you if you get the materials. I am in the south puget sound. Puyallup. I have been painting airplanes for 23 years. I paint motorcycles, cars and even a big box van for the motorcycle race team I am on. I have even painted a 1957 Ford Thunderbird. I am sure that I could do it cheaper than a gun shop!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top