JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just picked up some of this the other day and lubed my AR with it today. Wondering if anyone uses is and how people like it. The stuff seems to stick very well and be extremely slick. I'm hoping its good stuff as I cant find an oil that sticks and lasts through a good amount of shooting.

Never tried that, I was always a breakfree kind of guy......until wichaka got me using Wilson Combat Ultima Lube. I had heard of people using white lithium type grease for gun lube, but hadnt tried it. It's great!

Whats the story with Tetra?

I just read the buyer reviews on Midway and I think the reviews of Tetra gun grease says it all. 5 out of 5 on all reviews I went through. Seems to be good stuff

ive been using it for several years now, but on my pistol rails. I just starting using it on my ARs and others.

as far as my pistols go, i like it.

I used it in Afghanistan on my M4, M9 and 240B where there is metal on metal motion. The dust didn't stick to it and gum up like with Break free and in one year I only used tube and a half.

Very Good stuff!

SF-

I use it on everything! I originally started using it on my Garand, since it is the recommended lube these days, and it makes everything run smooth as glass.

I have been using it since about 1993 or 1994. Only "specialty" lube I've found in decades that is worth the money, I think. I particularly like it on autos, as grease is best on sliding parts. I put a dab on the trigger bow flats after a trigger job or detail strip, dab on hammer hooks and sear tip. The frame/slide rails and a thin schmeer on the bushing's bearing surfaces. It stays in place, doesn't attract dirt, and works well. I only use it on revolvers when I open one (very rare) to tune it up, then I dab some on the action tips/hooks and rebound slide surfaces. Other places machine oil (e.g., regular gun oil) is just fine.

It lubricates as well as white lithium grease (which is what it basically is), but it stays in place better (e.g., "migrates less") and attracts less dirt because of the suspension it's in , I believe. If I needed to use a ton of it as an armorer or something, I'd just use a tub of wh. lithium grease from NAPA. The tubes are convenient, last a long time as mentioned (the Afghanistan post impresses me), and as these "wunderlubes" go it is not overly expensive. It is the only true "specialty" gun oil I will actually use - the others just don't offer enough benefit vs. conventional machine oil, grease, and some wax on the finish to protect it.

You need to roll/knead the tube or shake it really well before using it if it has sat a while - the suspension and the grease can separate a bit - you want it to come out uniform and not in a two-part clear liquid/white glop stream.

Here is a good primer on lubricants:

http://grantcunningham.com/lubricants101.html

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews