JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got one for my m&p it works ok. The trigger pull and reset aren't exactly right due to the way it works. It uses the inserts spring so you don't get the true trigger pull of the gun. Like the fact it resets and can do extended dry fire with it so it serves its purpose for me. Have used it with my boys to work on not jerking the trigger. Also nice theres no way to have live ammo get in the mix! All in all I'm happy with it reminded me I havnt used it in awhile! Guess its time too.

I like the idea, but the trigger feel isn't the same. I am using a Smart Firearms Training Device now. It has a good trigger and a laser. It is so clearly not a gun I can use it in more places. I also use it with the MantisX which provides feed back and coaching.

SFTDorange.jpeg

i have a pneumatic device that replaces the barrel in a 1911. not only does it use the actual trigger pull, but also cycles the slide like actual recoil. i got this in the '70s or '80s when i started to compete and don't think these are made any more. i live a mile from the gravel pit now, so i'm going to sell it.
co2 bottle or air compressor powered.

DSC03135.JPG

If it 100% matched how the trigger pull feels when firing the pistol normally or dry-fire without dry-fire magazine then I could see the point. For me I don't see any advantage over traditional dry-fire(without any devices to assist).

I have one and I find some value to it. While the trigger press is not the same, it does allow multiple presses without slide manipulation. So, I use it for controlled pair and transition type of dry fire drills. I feel it does help more than I originally thought it would, even though it would be better if the press was the same as actually firing the gun.

I have started to look at it this way...

It's like training with more than one gun. Each will have a different feel and require slightly different handling to eek out the best performance, but there will be crossover from the skills learned with one gun to a different gun. It all reinforces proper grip, sighting and pressing of the trigger, now matter how that trigger may feel.,

So, if they are half off I'd say get one. It won't be the end all training aid, but it will be of value.

I ran across the DryFireMag while looking for something else, and it seems like it would be a great way to practice trigger control and reset at a time when the only ammo available is in the hands of price gougers. Anyone ever use this?
I have one I am selling for 60 bucks right now. They are nice but I don't use it much. The trigger reset is the nicest thing about it.

I have a dry fire mag for my glock. Works fine for what it is intended. I can sit a click while in work meetings at home. I also have a SIRT laser training pistol (glock format). I also can sit at home on work calls and shoot at laser targets. I like the SIRT laser pistol better even though the dry fire mag uses your actual glock trigger.

Hmm..
I've found myself anticipating recoil lately now that I'm taking up shooting again after hand surgery.

I'm thinking I'm going to get the Dryfire Mag to help with fixing issues that won't cost me $.50/pull and require racking the slide every time.

DryFireMag with MantisX is pretty awesome. Mantis also has their own Laser app and system that is pretty robust.

If you shoot AR's, their Blackbeard will reset the trigger automatically and can be used with their laser academy and Mantis X

I ran across the DryFireMag while looking for something else, and it seems like it would be a great way to practice trigger control and reset at a time when the only ammo available is in the hands of price gougers. Anyone ever use this?
No experience with that system personally but FYI I posted the results of my research on some dryfire apps etc in the thread linked below. Might save u some time if u are researching other systems out there. Feel free to ignore if it's a bad fit for what ur looking for. Also it's not comprehensive of every system out there, only the ones I found and some of the more expensive ones I wasn't interested in. Thx!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top