JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been using the DryFire mag, and I like it a lot. It makes certain dry fire drills more enjoyable for me, and helps me to remember to keep gripping the gun hard.

There are inexpensive laser training devices you can use with semiautos that fit into the barrel from the chamber end and don't extract. If you have DA/SA semiautomatic with an exposed hammer you can practice DA shots. Or individual SA shots by cocking hammer between shots. I just bought a Pink Rhino 9mm at Amazon for $39.99, as I'm anticipating buying a DA/SA semiautomatic soon. Haven't used it yet. I don't think I would get the device for use on a striker fired gun, as it would require jacking the slide for each shot, which would get old fast. I wouldn't be interested in the mag training device because it depends on parts in the mag rather than gun and alters trigger squeeze. One point to dry firing with a new gun is it smooths out the trigger over the first few thousand pulls. Not so with the mag devise presumably.

Even with a DA/SA semiauto, the Pink Rhino and such devices only give you the equivalent of singIe shots. (You can do strings of DA, but that doesn't correspond to anything the loaded gun does, so I think it would be counterproductive to practice that unless you have a DA only semiauto.)

I use my laser training cartridges with my revolvers regularly. Its great fun. These are actually cartridge shaped laser devices that look very similar to regular cartridges and fit into the cylinder chambers. They cost about $40 each. If you have only one you would have to open the cylinder and reposition between each trigger pull. So to have serious fun I have a complete set of six each in .38/.357 and .44sp/.44mag. Mine are G-Sights. They run off readily available replaceable standard batteries. The laser spot is bright enough so you can use it in full daylight indoors. It shows up nicely against anything its aimed at over indoor household distances. I havent tried it outoors, as waving a gun around might disturb neighbors. Make sure you get laser training cartridges, not laser bore sight cartridges. The training cartridge emits a brief flash when the firing pin or transfer bar hits the activating device that's set in the position of the primer. The bore sight cartridge you turn on and leave on until you've finished sighting in. It isn't designed to respond to the firing pin.

The Pink Rhino and other such devices used with semi autos are inserted into the chamber end of the bore and are held centered in there with rubber rings. To get the device out you have to push it out from the muzzle using a cleaning rod. So going from a loaded gun to laser training session to loaded is going to be such a PITA that I'm expecting to use the device only during the break in and familiarization stage with new guns. The laser training cartridges for revolvers fit into the chambers in the cylinder, so to get from a loaded gun to laser practice and back you just dump the ammo in the cylinder and replace it with the laser cartridges and vice versa. With a revolver the cartridges give you an experience just like firing the gun except for recoil. The .38/.357 size is still available at Amazon, but the .44 has been unavailable for more than a year.

There are inexpensive laser training devices you can use with semiautos that fit into the barrel from the chamber end and don't extract. If you have DA/SA semiautomatic with an exposed hammer you can practice DA shots. Or individual SA shots by cocking hammer between shots. I just bought a Pink Rhino 9mm at Amazon for $39.99, as I'm anticipating buying a DA/SA semiautomatic soon. Haven't used it yet. I don't think I would get the device for use on a striker fired gun, as it would require jacking the slide for each shot, which would get old fast. I wouldn't be interested in the mag training device because it depends on parts in the mag rather than gun and alters trigger squeeze. One point to dry firing with a new gun is it smooths out the trigger over the first few thousand pulls. Not so with the mag devise presumably.

Even with a DA/SA semiauto, the Pink Rhino and such devices only give you the equivalent of singIe shots. (You can do strings of DA, but that doesn't correspond to anything the loaded gun does, so I think it would be counterproductive to practice that unless you have a DA only semiauto.)

I use my laser training cartridges with my revolvers regularly. Its great fun. These are actually cartridge shaped laser devices that look very similar to regular cartridges and fit into the cylinder chambers. They cost about $40 each. If you have only one you would have to open the cylinder and reposition between each trigger pull. So to have serious fun I have a complete set of six each in .38/.357 and .44sp/.44mag. Mine are G-Sights. They run off readily available replaceable standard batteries. The laser spot is bright enough so you can use it in full daylight indoors. It shows up nicely against anything its aimed at over indoor household distances. I havent tried it outoors, as waving a gun around might disturb neighbors. Make sure you get laser training cartridges, not laser bore sight cartridges. The training cartridge emits a brief flash when the firing pin or transfer bar hits the activating device that's set in the position of the primer. The bore sight cartridge you turn on and leave on until you've finished sighting in. It isn't designed to respond to the firing pin.

The Pink Rhino and other such devices used with semi autos are inserted into the chamber end of the bore and are held centered in there with rubber rings. To get the device out you have to push it out from the muzzle using a cleaning rod. So going from a loaded gun to laser training session to loaded is going to be such a PITA that I'm expecting to use the device only during the break in and familiarization stage with new guns. The laser training cartridges for revolvers fit into the chambers in the cylinder, so to get from a loaded gun to laser practice and back you just dump the ammo in the cylinder and replace it with the laser cartridges and vice versa. With a revolver the cartridges give you an experience just like firing the gun except for recoil. The .38/.357 size is still available at Amazon, but the .44 has been unavailable for more than a year.
I have one of those.
I use it to practice drawing from concealed and putting the laser on diffferent targets with speed while loping about and doing chores around the house.
I like it for what itis.

i have a pneumatic device that replaces the barrel in a 1911. not only does it use the actual trigger pull, but also cycles the slide like actual recoil. i got this in the '70s or '80s when i started to compete and don't think these are made any more. i live a mile from the gravel pit now, so i'm going to sell it.
co2 bottle or air compressor powered.

View attachment 750378
This is awesome. Got me wondering if anybody made something similar for Glock and found this:

Anybody tried the Cool Fire Trainer?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top