JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, anyone here own or used any of the vortex red dot scopes. Looking for quality, but n also a inexpensive red dot for my daughters ar-15. I have a Vortex scope and love it, but havent owned or seen their red dots in real life. all answers appreciated.:s0155:

For under $100, with mounts, look at the Millett multidot. You can adjust the red dot size and intensity; larger dot for fast shooting; small for accuracy/longer range. I've used one on everything from a Mark III pistol to an AR. There are a lot better Red Dots out there for more money of course, but that Millett has never had any issues.

Amazon.com: Millet MultiDot SP 30mm 3, 5, 8, 10 min Dot Sight: Sports & Outdoors

There are a ton of reviews on the vortex strikefire red dot but from my experience...the dot is clear for what it is. Construction is good and it's fairly easy to use. Plus it comes with a magnifier albeit not a great magnifier. However, the important thing is that it held the zero and it serves the purpose well. You can usually find a whole set up on the classifieds for around $100.

The Vortex Strikefire is considered the best of the cheap red dots. There are plenty of reviews on Utube. The guarantee is the best and covers any owner of the product and will repair/replace the unit if it fails for any reason. That is a better guarantee than Aimpoint or Eotech.

I have a Vortex red/green StrikeFire on a flat top with the extra high mount which allows a 1/3 lower co-witness with a Magpull Mbus rear sight. So far it has worked very well for me.

For high end optics give 'Hawkeye Optics or Oregon' in Rogue River a try. I have gotten very good prices from them and excellent service. (He also handles Vortex)

George Felker, Owner 541_292_1473

I once had an AR-15 with a Vortex Strikefire on top. It always worked; it always kept its point of aim. With the 2x magnification adapter, it can be a little dim, but quite usable.

I hear there is now a 3x magnifier for the Strikefire.

Just put a Strikefire on my wife's Ruger 10/22 and it's awesome. The dot could be a little smaller but it's easy to see with both eyes open and holds it's zero well. I'll probably have to buy another on for my other .22lr since I'm pretty sure she isn't giving it back...best red dot you can get for around $150 IMO. The magnifier does, however, suck. Takes a nice wide field of view and makes it look like you are trying to see a dot thru a straw...

I've looked at the Vortex but find it tough to justify the purchase. The real deal (Aimpoint) is available for about $400. I know that on the surface that it's 2.5 x's the price but you will buy with confidence.

Usually when I hear people say "just as good as" I often find that there's no reason to go with the "just as good as" when you can get the item that it is compared to.

Ex. People often say that the galco king tuck is "just as good as" the crossbreed supertuck. Why not just get the supertuck?

Just my $.02

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top