JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about getting one but I'm just a little concerned with turning it on and going to sleep. I'd like to wake up in the morning and wasn't sure if these are safe to run while your asleep.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366397725.501518.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366397725.501518.jpg

My wife uses the little Mr. Buddy on her tent excursions. Loves it and it does a great job. Only problem is it will suck down one of the little bottles in a hurry so I got her an adapter for a 5 gallon tank.

I assume you are talking about a small tent. Would freak me out too much. Even if tip safe I would worry about knocking it over. There are still lots of hot parts and stuff that can get damaged. I have used a lot of the bigger heaters but they have been in big tents.

I have spent many nights out in cold weather, even below freezing. I know this varies by person but I sleep well when cold, getting out of the covers is the hard part. So it might be an idea to sleep bundled up and have this set up ready to light up in the morning. I know even in my enclosed trailer I have the temp set very low but program it to come on and start warming up shortly before I have to get up.

The Mr Heaters work good, and yes you still wake up the next morning.

On that note, sleeping bags are for warmth, the heater is for getting in and out of sleeping bags.
That's most likely how I would use it but doesn't mean I won't want to leave it on at some point.
I'm not worried about knocking it over, my tent is plenty big.

SCUBA stands for self contained underwater breathing apparatus, your thinking of SCBA:D

Yes my son and I have use the mr heater brand. 100% safe. Boy Scout winter camp trips can get cold.

hopefully not detouring this thread, but i use a sherperds stove( very small wood stove). and you can heat water or cook on it. runs the pipe up thru the roof, even has a spark arrestor.. everything fits inside stove for travel. its about 12" by 12". always have fuel laying around( unless its no burn ban).
just my 2 cents.

I have both the wood stove and a mr. heater. I have used the propane heater, left on all night an some cold nights. There is a 6" triangle open on both ends of ny tent for the ridge pole for ventilation, we had no ill effects at all. I knew a guy who used one in his camper, he did not live. They do use up oxygen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top