JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh and my HD "under the bed" gun is an AR pistol in .300 blackout loaded with 110 grain Hornady Black.

Ive never shot the 300 bk but if I'm reading the charts right it drops about 30 inches at 200 yards? If by chance I take an AR up for deer this year, I think I'll stick with the 375 socom. Not a bad brush gun.
At 100 yards the difference between my 125gr supersonic hand loads and my 220gr subsonic handloads is 6MOA. i havent tried 200yrd with it yet

300 blk ? Heck! I'm still working on the 1,000 rnds of 7.62x39 HP I bought, "Pre Obama". Face bigsmyl.gif

I've got to get out more......

I guess I dont have to get it, everybody can use what they want. That 350 Legend is an interesting AR cal.
277 wolverine is an odd one IMO too. same concept as a 300blk. shortened 5.56 brass necked up to a .277 bullet. all a guy needs is a barrel change. everything else crosses over unlike the 6.8spc.

I guess I dont have to get it, everybody can use what they want. That 350 Legend is an interesting AR cal.

Trust me, there are plenty of calibers I don't "get" that some have such a strong interest in.

But whatever. You say tomato, I say phuck it. :D

Awesome! Thank you everyone for the responses. I'm using a CVA Scout V2 single shot (much like the handy rifle) with a 16" barrel and 1:8 twist. I think the factory Barnes ammo at 110grs look like a good option to start with and try working up a hand load for next year if I have time. I have but the 110gr hornady blacks through her and she liked them real well, but I'm not confident it will perform like the Barnes. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not gonna take a shot to far past 250yds maybe 300yds, but that's a strong maybe and everything would have to be right. I just see no need in it or taking shots much over 300 yds in general if it can be helped.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top