JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Group buys really kinda suck. Every time I've organized a group buy, even when I accounted for fluctuations in price, had everything locked down, I still ended up getting hosed in the deal and had to make up the difference somehow.

Group buys generally are bistro mathematics on steroids.

That said, if you guys want bulk reloading components, I still have endless supplies of 223 bullets and processed brass. I'll sell them at cost + 10% with 5% going to NWFA, and I'll ship to your door USPS flat-rate. (you pay the shipping though)

I have run a few group buys in the past, including customising stuff, similar to Joe's NWFA AR lowers, as well as big ticket items.

I learned a few things from the ones i organised as well as watching others;

1) Most people saying they get massive flakes are right.
2) Good deals can be had
3) They're a lot of work
4) It's generally not a good idea to run it off your own back so far as finances are concerned (if you're not the actual seller)
5) I ran two large buys that were both organised by myself, but all payments went directly to the vendor who was in on it knowing that i was basically advertising - price break prices given etc.

I love the idea of them, but honestly, if it's something you have to get from a vendor, it's best/safest to set one up with them and have them take payments and give the price break points.

yeah there used to be 3 or 4 different group buys for xtreme bullets about 4-5 years ago on this forum. i was wondering what ever happened to that.

Group buys are great but from all the ones I've been part of. I've seen a few things that made it run smoothish...
-Posting gauging interest before vendors are contracted
-Vendor contracted and code generated for group buy participants
-List of people in on it, numbered
-code provided once enough people participate
- definite pre-payment too(that definitely held down the wishy-washy people)
These are just some points I've noticed on the group buys I've been part of..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top