JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got one and it helps quite a bit, especially when shooting in grass or large gravel. Every once in a while a piece of brass will be deflected back and cause a jam. No real biggie as it's not very often. Mine has a zipper on the bottom to empty out without removal which is nice.

Have a few, and a few of the knockoffs. Both work reasonably well as intended.

As mentioned, occasional bounce back jam, however also neat to practice randomized clearing drill.

Haven't had either this nor the knockoffs melt, but only have run standard manufactured.

Nice feature of Caldwell version is being able to just purchase the mount. Be mindful that the bag portion of the mount may need adjustment on another rifle, if running a different optic.

However if same optic / no optics on multiple rifles, Caldwell wins here. Just swap over bag.

The knockoffs are also nice in that the rail mount portion is very low profile. However can't just buy the rail-mount portion, as you can with Caldwell.

Recommend both, Caldwell, as well as knockoff. Round about the same.

I use them and no issues. No melting problems but have only used XM193 and other standard military rounds. With new rifles once broken in I usually do a couple of mag dumps to make sure they aren't prone to FTF's, and no melting issues there. There are all metal mag catchers if you think that might be an issue, but so far they have worked well for me.

The knockoffs are also nice in that the rail mount portion is very low profile. However can't just buy the rail-mount portion, as you can with Caldwell.

The "KNOCKOFFS" that I've seen on Amazon DO have extra rail mounts available.

I have a couple of them and they work VERY well. They even sell extra pieces of the part that locks on the rail. I bought some so I can just keep one on some rifles. For my side chargers I modified one so the front is open and I can reach my finger in to grab the charging handle. I made the first one when I bought a 10mm PCC. It has a tendency to put a spin on the brass making it hit the wall and bounce out onto the range. I did not want to lose that brass and this thing saves all of it. Only gun I have so far that it does not work on is my Ruger PCC. If I put the mount on that rifle it blocks too much of the iron sights but does work fine with the optics on it. So on that rifle I have to leave the little mount block off. For shooting out side these would be REALLY nice since without something set up to block it you would be sending brass all over the damn place.

These are great. Easy on and off. Keeps you from losing brass, keeping it cleaner and from pelting your neighbor.

For a lefty it ends bass hitting the face.

You spend more time shooting and less time bending over and killing your back.

Even when full they barely change the handling of the rifle, similar to adding or removing a slide mounted sling.

They don't melt in normal use.

I like them.

I used a brass catcher for the first time this week, on 3/AR223 types, and my AR308. It worked GREAT.
Saved ~bending over to pick up a half case of brass!!

Given to me by @LuckySG, in the "Pay It Forward" thread. (Thank You!!)
Brand: GPS Tactical (several out there that look identical.)
Model: GPS-T85B

Last Edited:
I saw this 1 from Lymann. Looks like it may solve the melting issue.

That's the one I was thinking of when you were mentioning knockoff.

No melting prob, again tho we only run standard mil spec 5.56.

Also, this same unit may work for @Alexx1401 & Ruger PCC's, as the rail mount portion is very low profile.

That's the one I was thinking of when you were mentioning knockoff.

No melting prob, again tho we only run standard mil spec 5.56.

Also, this same unit may work for @Alexx1401 & Ruger PCC's, as the rail mount portion is very low profile.
It would or sure looks like it would have too. I had to look it up on another site to finally get a good look at how it attaches but found a good shot of it. Sits down inside the 1913 rails so it would have to be out of the field of view of the irons. I have one in my cart! Thanks!
Here is a shot of how it shows it locks on to the rail. As for the others I have not yet had a problem with melting the mesh bag using it with 9mm, 10mm, and .45. I look forward to getting this new one though that will work on my Ruger!

TacStar.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads