JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone in the Portland area planning on going plinking this weekend? I got about 2000 rounds of 5.56 and 7.62 that are going sour, and I need to go plinking. I can dig up some buddies to go with me if I need to, but it'd be neat to get to know a few forum members at the same time.

out to the hills... if it was up to me, it'd be Goat Mountain or other BLM land (maybe off of Hwy 26?)

I kind of posted this hoping that someone might have an area that would be closer. I live near Canby myself...we have a few back fields that work well for .22s and pistols, but there are neighbors within a kilometer or so, so I'm nervous about shooting too many larger rounds.

Got any recommendations as far as location?

What's a good meeting spot? I forget how close Brown's is to the Portland area...but like I said, it would be pretty fun to get a couple of different forumites together at one place for an afternoon of plinking. If we went to Vancouver with Spray-n-pray, what are the rules for transporting across the state lines? Do the firearms have to be carried openly in the back seat, or in the trunk? I'd want to be completely sure that I wouldn't be breaking any laws if I brought a couple AKs and an AR up to to WA

I don't know what the "rules" are for transporting across state lines, but I do know that a loaded long gun in the vehicle is a no-no. To be on the safe side, I would put them in some kind of case out of arm's reach while transporting. In the trunk is probably better than in the back seat. Other than that, in case you didn't already know, English Pit is a local range here in Vancouver. I am sure they won't have any problems with you bringing your AR and AK style rifles. At least I hope they don't ...........:woot:

Here is a link to the range, in case you wanted to know or to contact them:

http://www.englishpit.com/

Last Edited:
I was planning on going to the quarry at Browns Camp this weekend. Its been too long since I've been shooting.I have heard on the board that the main quarry is open again. Hopefully the weather is not too bad. Sunday works best for me but if someone has their heart set on Saturday and would like to get together I could make it up then.

I'm hoping that the rain quits so I can go back to Brown's this weekend.

Regardless, I'd like to get some trigger time. Bring a roan coat. Whoever has a shelter, bring it.

What's a good meeting spot? I forget how close Brown's is to the Portland area...but like I said, it would be pretty fun to get a couple of different forumites together at one place for an afternoon of plinking. If we went to Vancouver with Spray-n-pray, what are the rules for transporting across the state lines? Do the firearms have to be carried openly in the back seat, or in the trunk? I'd want to be completely sure that I wouldn't be breaking any laws if I brought a couple AKs and an AR up to to WA

I vote for Oregon. BLM or Brown's Camp, the only restriction is where my RWD vehicle can transport me to and from.

I don't have anyplace closer but if you go up 26 I might be able to meet with you. I've got an AR to sight in as well as some Mosin's and PSL to play with.

+1, I'll potentially join if it's a RWD friendly location. I just need to be able to get there and back without an issue.

I was planning on going to the quarry at Browns Camp this weekend. Its been too long since I've been shooting.I have heard on the board that the main quarry is open again. Hopefully the weather is not too bad. Sunday works best for me but if someone has their heart set on Saturday and would like to get together I could make it up then.

I can go Saturday, if I'm able to get back into town by 2:30PM. Sunday may work as well, depending on my evening plans on Saturday.

how strict is English? If there's a rounds-per-minute rule, I'm not interested... juvenile as it may be, sometimes I like to just waste rounds and make noise, lol

Depends on the range officer I suppose. I am going there to sight in a couple of rifles, so for me, rate of fire is not nearly as important as known distance(this time) :)
Let me know some other time you are going out near Brown's, I may roll out that way, though.

...I vote for Oregon. BLM or Brown's Camp, the only restriction is where my RWD vehicle can transport me to and from...

I'll vote for Brown's Camp too. Been in the general area, but never shot there. Can those of us who are interested meet somewhere and then carpool?

If anyone else wants to come along/has any better suggestions, better speak them soon...Saturday is but one day away. ;)

I'll bug out around 2:30 too, Charles. I've got an appointment to get my CETME kit looked at :D

It is not too bad to get in there, fairly flat gravel road. I don' t know about any snow on the ground. Just say the when and where on a meeting place if we wanna try and carpool or caravan there. I live off of hwy 26 so its on the way.

I'm way south of 26, but willing to drive up and meet somewhere. Like I said, the biggest thing for me is finding someone I can follow (bt97006) :D

I'd be willing to drive my own rig...35 MPG, woot!

Anyone else interested in tagging along?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top