JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll third that !! :D

Frog.

It was quite frankly one of the best shooting days I've ever had. Noise is best made in large groups. :D

Charles, Frog, Kennedy, and his girlfriend had to take off a bit earlier than myself and bt97006, but time they had there was well spent for sure. Kennedy's g/f knows how to build a fine AR ;)

I mainly just wasted money...I think I brought 200x 5.56 rounds, around 3-400x 7.62, 100x .40, and 100x .38...and left with none :s0114:

I got the opportunity to shoot a 45-70 for the first time.

:bash:

(We don't seem to have getting-scope-checked smilie, so I chose the next closest one)

It was all good though, talked to a lot of people about the site. I had my camera along, but I regrettably was too busy with my ammo wastage to take any pictures. I've gotten the emails of a couple people with cameras who happened to be out there, but we'll see if I ever get any pictures. :(

In the meantime, I'll post an artist rendition of how much fun we had out there.

mewithgunII.jpg

It was quite frankly one of the best shooting days I've ever had. Noise is best made in large groups. :D

Charles, Frog, Kennedy, and his girlfriend had to take off a bit earlier than myself and bt97006, but time they had there was well spent for sure. Kennedy's g/f knows how to build a fine AR ;)

I mainly just wasted money...I think I brought 200x 5.56 rounds, around 3-400x 7.62, 100x .40, and 100x .38...and left with none :s0114:

I got the opportunity to shoot a 45-70 for the first time.

:bash:

(We don't seem to have getting-scope-checked smilie, so I chose the next closest one)

It was all good though, talked to a lot of people about the site. I had my camera along, but I regrettably was too busy with my ammo wastage to take any pictures. I've gotten the emails of a couple people with cameras who happened to be out there, but we'll see if I ever get any pictures. :(

In the meantime, I'll post an artist rendition of how much fun we had out there.

Ha, wow. MS Paint definitely fits the bill here.
I agree, it was an excellent shooting day with responsible people.

Speaking of responsible...Did any of you notice the family, 2 young teens and their father, who came right as I was leaving? That girl scared us, pointing an "unloaded" rifle all over the place behind the shooting line. They were definitely notpart of our group, though.

Speaking of responsible...Did any of you notice the family, 2 young teens and their father, who came right as I was leaving? That girl scared us, pointing an "unloaded" rifle all over the place behind the shooting line. They were definitely notpart of our group, though.

I know who you were talking about. I did not see her with the rifle but did notice her when she was attempting to fire a handgun with the slide open. :huh: Ghanderson10 mentioned something about her too. The group up on the hill, shooting above us, seemed questionable to me as well. It seems to always be a concern for myself when shooting at the quarry with so many people. Other than that it was a very enjoyable day to shoot. I got to try several new guns thanks to the variety and generosity of their owners. The 45-70 was one that i too won't forget.

By the way, for those of you who wish to shoot at the quarry at Brown's camp, be sure to read the posted regulations and adhere to them. Law enforcement stopped by, was checking up on all of us and gave stern warnings not to shoot any targets that are not listed on the signs. A $425 fine for shooting illegal targets. Please do your part and clean up when you are leaving so that we can keep the spot open. I'd like to thank Ghanderson10 for his help loading my truck up with garbage when we left.

Hey Guys, that was a great time and I had a blast, as did the Girlfriend. And my thanks to all of you guys that were there. Yeah make sure you are only shooting at paper..the sheriff was none to happy with me for plinking at that 2 liter bottle..but still good times...
Oh and thanks to bt97006 and ghanderson10 for cleaning up what was still on the range that we left there. Appreciate it.
So when is the next outing?

Oh, and on a side note.. I must say that for all that were out there, Frog, bt97006, ghanderson10, and CharlesAFerg. I would go shooting again with them anytime. They are all great guys. No irresponsible shooting. All were safe and fun at the same time.

Oh, and on a side note.. I must say that for all that were out there, Frog, bt97006, ghanderson10, and CharlesAFerg. I would go shooting again with them anytime. They are all great guys. No irresponsible shooting. All were safe and fun at the same time.

I appreciate the compliment. May I ask which sheriff gave you trouble?

I don't remember the guys name, but he just asked if I had read the sign...which I hadn't. He then warned me to stop shooting at the plastic or there was going to be a fine. I was in the wrong, shouldnt have shot at it, and I felt a bit sheepish.
I believe that he kicked the guys that had thrown it out there out..that was after we all went down and removed everything that wasn't paper.

Same statement from me :D

Next time we go, we should try and set it up a little more in advance...now that we have a known place, it should be easier. It was a bummer that we didn't all have more time.

Same statement from me :D

Next time we go, we should try and set it up a little more in advance...now that we have a known place, it should be easier. It was a bummer that we didn't all have more time.

I still have a 15 .308 rounds that I would like to fire out of a bolt action, preferrably a Remington 700 if we aquire get one. I'd like to practice.

Why don't we keep this thread alive for the next shoot? Or, better yet, keep the title when it is reposted, and place the date after it.

All good thoughts back at you all, as well !

It was a bit crowded there, but I wasn't concerned about the shooters until that guy with the Harley Ford pick-up pulled in beside my rig. All three of them seemed to be an accident looking for a place to happen. I understand that everyone needs to learn, but they diffently had no 'pre-shoot' training or even any firearm familiarization (sp?), especially the young gal.

Sorry if it seemed that I 'bugged out' early, but it was starting to sprinkle, had turned cool, and it just felt like it was time.

I'm :s0155: for next time!

Frog.

I'm :s0155: for next time!

Frog.

Count me in too! Just finished cleaning em all up last night. Time to get them dirty again. Ghanderson, did you get all your gear dried out? He was having so much fun shooting, he forgot to get all of his guns out of the rain.:(

I'm still in the process of cleaning/oiling 'em :s0114:

Having fun is great, but having so much fun that you forgot about the rain is bad... I'll make sure to leave 'em in the truck when they're not in use next time.

Give me a bit of time to build up my ammo count again, and I'll be ready to go!

I got a few more buddies that want to come along next time. The only weekend that will work for me will be the 21st, and then it's off to train for deployment.

Does it work for you guys?

I'm still in the process of cleaning/oiling 'em :s0114:

Having fun is great, but having so much fun that you forgot about the rain is bad... I'll make sure to leave 'em in the truck when they're not in use next time.

Give me a bit of time to build up my ammo count again, and I'll be ready to go!

I got a few more buddies that want to come along next time. The only weekend that will work for me will be the 21st, and then it's off to train for deployment.

Does it work for you guys?

Perhaps, I'll be traveling to California soon afterward. I'll be staying there for a week, enjoying myself.

Sorry, but I will be on Kauai

Oh, just as good.

I'll be shooting this weekend... same as last weekend... I don't know if i can afford to burn up much more of my precious ammo plinking with friends!!

Do you have a 9mm or a .308? If so, I've got some ammunition to use if you would be kind enough to let me fire your weapons. I'll bring some as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top