JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
thinking of rebarreling my rem 700 243, doing alot of research and the 6mm slr looks damn good , just resize 243 brass with 6 slr die , load and fire, doesnt add much upfront cost, got brass, bullets, powder etc. its basically a improved 243, 30* shoulder and long .310 neck length for a huge option in seating depths. guys are getting a ez 3150 fps with 105 hybrids with 26" tubes and better barrel life then a regular 243 or 243 ai.
Any first hand experience out here? anyone got the reamer with .075 throat ?

A couple of weekends ago I was in Curt's when a guy was there with a gun his dad had built many moons ago. It was a Mauser 98 action with a custom barrel, stock and a jeweled bolt. It appeared to be a 257 Roberts necked down to 243. Cartridges like this are extremely rare these days, but are very cool.

I'd like to know more about the 6mm SLR.

lots of info on the 6mm slr if you google, 6mmar.com has good info, im also considering the 6mm competition match aka 6mm cm , they both have been recently used by the top shooters in the prs series the last few years with success. the 7x57 conversion you probably seen was the 6mm remington aka 244 remington , or a ackley improved version of one. its was hard to find 6mm remington cases for a long time so peeps started using 7x57 brass to make it.

A couple of weekends ago I was in Curt's when a guy was there with a gun his dad had built many moons ago. It was a Mauser 98 action with a custom barrel, stock and a jeweled bolt. It appeared to be a 257 Roberts necked down to 243. Cartridges like this are extremely rare these days, but are very cool.

I'd like to know more about the 6mm SLR.
A .257 Bob necked down to 6mm would be a 6mm Remington. Nothing fancy 'bout that.

the 7x57 conversion you probably seen was the 6mm remington aka 244 remington , or a ackley improved version of one. its was hard to find 6mm remington cases for a long time so peeps started using 7x57 brass to make it.

A .257 Bob necked down to 6mm would be a 6mm Remington. Nothing fancy 'bout that.

If I knew the guy I'd track him down to tell him. Too bad whoever built that fine rifle didn't mark the barrel.
The guys at Curts are pretty good, but I think he picked a shop with the wrong focus for info.
Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads