JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like the looks of the long slide Glocks and am thinking a G34 MOS might be the next gun I don't need. I'm not fond of spending $500 for a sight though, any suggestions? I don't know Jack about red dot sights. Vortex and couple others are around $200.

I haven't spent much time researching sights, but have read some complaints about the Delta point. How has yours functioned?

I would suggest finding a LGS having a handgun with a small red dot setup that you could check out. I found it difficult to instinctively find the dot when I raised the gun into what is my normal hold position.

I haven't spent much time researching sights, but have read some complaints about the Delta point. How has yours functioned?

Mine is actually brand new in the box so I haven't used it. A replacement of the first version with the latest version. Definitely some getting used to it and not being able to zero the old one I bought used did not help. I also did not care for the delta which is why I now have a 2.5 MOA dot.
The new one has better adjustments. The main problem with the one I sent in was the tiny, tiny set screw that held the adjustment and the fact that you had to take it off the gun to change the battery. Wasn't planning on selling it but also wasn't planning on sending in an old one and getting a new one.
Have a gun to put it on if it doesn't sell but with the potential political climate have other ways to invest the money it it does.

the new deltapoint pros are awesome. They have resolved the complaints with the original deltapoints and i couldn't be happier. I love mine.

* and i used to shoot the G34 exclusively, but have moved on to the 2011. The G34 is a fantastic pistol and you should probably get one :)

G34, great gun, can have same results using a g17 with longer barrel if using red dot, since you aren't using the longer sight aperture at that point anyway. Plus 17 long barrel is lighter than a 34 ported and will allow you to shoot cast, non jacketed etc.

Red dots, I am switching all my rmr's delta point pro's.

Reasons:
1: larger taller window easier to find the red dot, which is generally just above the window view of many shooters due to grip angle and the way most shooters find the front sight first( usually by holding the barrel slightly higher than parallel) while pushing towards the target.

2. Battery replacement. The rmr must be removed (ever played with loctite and very small screws) from the slide to replace the battery, the dp has a top cover easily accessible, no screws or unmounting.

G34, great gun, can have same results using a g17 with longer barrel if using red dot, since you aren't using the longer sight aperture at that point anyway. Plus 17 long barrel is lighter than a 34 ported and will allow you to shoot cast, non jacketed etc.

Red dots, I am switching all my rmr's delta point pro's.

Reasons:
1: larger taller window easier to find the red dot, which is generally just above the window view of many shooters due to grip angle and the way most shooters find the front sight first( usually by holding the barrel slightly higher than parallel) while pushing towards the target.

2. Battery replacement. The rmr must be removed (ever played with loctite and very small screws) from the slide to replace the battery, the dp has a top cover easily accessible, no screws or unmounting.

Thanks for the information.

I would recommend a Cmore dot. for the price you cannot beat them. I have several in use from my Speed steel guns to my USPSA open gun. They can be purchased from a 2 moa up to a 12 moa. and if u don't like the dot size you can purchase modules with different size.

I don't shoot comp, but I have a G34 and love it. My only complaint, I bought one before the MOS came out!

The nice thing about the red dots is they are easy to sell. Personally I have been waiting to buy one, but I would go for a Vortex or similiar. Shoot it and if you like it then sell it and spend the money on a C-more or RMR.

Usually easier to sell a $200 red dot than a $500.

From my experience anything primary arms or better you shouldn't have any issues with.

A couple things to consider if you run suppressed the gas blowback does dirty up the front glass of the optic over time make hard to see.
If you're running it in rain because the way Reflex sights are built they like to collect water.

if you ever are planning on get into 3 gun a red dot on your handgun will put you in open class which you will be running against people with $3,000 Plus handguns, shotguns, and rifles.

Of course my $600 RMR is brighter than my hundred primary arms dot. In most cases the more expensive dots have a lot more Red Dot options. I haven't had any issues with my Hundred primary arms dot on top of a semi auto 12 gauge or my AR-10.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top