JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"an AR-15 made of materials that can't be traced and thus can't be registered. They also don't show up on any detection system, like at airports or schools."

I doubt this is accurate. It most likely refers to 80% guns. I remember the same hysteria about Glock "plastic guns"

Its impossible to develop an AR-15 that can't be detected buy airport security. Anything its made from is going to have a shape and that shape will show up on the scanners or Xray. Its a complete fabrication to have that in the story.

Ah yes, another reporter without basic level of science education. Its not even worth the effort to make an account to tell David to go back to school and take a physics class.

I liked the "massive damage to anything it hits". Seriously? Are we talking about .223/5.56 or .50 BMG?
Nothing like good old fashioned sensationalism.

Last Edited:
If plastic is invisible to airport X-rays .... how can they tell if your shampoo bottle is too big?
I think the idiots behind this story don't know the difference between an X-ray machine and a metal detector...or...ear plugs and rubber bullets.

Brian Sullivan of CNBC.....I almost stopped when I saw that, but all those cool guns in the racks lured me to the text of the article, which ended up being exactly what I expected from someone named "Brian Sullivan of CNBC"

Useful idiots....

Nothing new here. It was originally aired in 2013.

1. The Dentist who was interviewed wasn't bad, he didn't come off as a crazy gun nut.
2. They tossed in the gun show background check loophole BS again.
3. Lots of raw emotion from the shooting victims.
4. They do point out that rifles only are used in 4% of murders. They also say AR-15s are an even smaller number.
5. James Yeager gets really worked up. And they toss him into a fairly broad bucket of people.
6. They hit on the marketing and political infused sales of the AR-15.
7. And they top it off with Defense Distributed fear loaded scare interview.

Fairly one side. Only a few actual facts.

Makes me want to buy a drill press and complete the two 80% lowers I have. But I really have enough ARs and no place to put a drill press, so they will languish. This has been aired several times and while I like parts of it, as others have said, it just gets me worked up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top