JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
60 years ago something like you describe would have landed you and the person doing in it jail for awhile. It is called theft of intellectual property. With morals like yours no wonder the world is going to hell.

Intellectual property my ***! It is a free advertizement. 30-35 years ago when I delivered papers they only ran color for Sundays so all the color inserts for the Thanksgiving Day papers were dropped off with us four days early. Did I share the Toys R Us ad with my friends, you bet. Did it cause Toys R Us any damages, no they probably made more money off of my friends parents.

Anyways, it is now available online

Bi-Mart | Weekly Ads and Coupons

Insider information got Martha Stewart a little time in the 'House'. While the information is different the idea strikes me the same. Rationalize it any way you like. I think GG makes a good point. Inside information is the way of the politicians and lobbyists in Washington. If you support one brand, stop bi*chin about any other.

Insider information got Martha Stewart a little time in the 'House'. While the information is different the idea strikes me the same. Rationalize it any way you like. I think GG makes a good point. Inside information is the way of the politicians and lobbyists in Washington. If you support one brand, stop bi*chin about any other.

No, talking to the FBI got her in the "house". All they got her for was "lying" aka a false statement to the FBI. If she'd kept her mouth shut they would have had nada to charge her with.

60 years ago something like you describe would have landed you and the person doing in it jail for awhile. It is called theft of intellectual property. With morals like yours no wonder the world is going to hell.

:s0058:The world is going to hell because someone wants a BiMart ad early? ....So he can plan ahead? Pop another Centrum Silver, hook back up to your O2 machine and go back to watching Matlock. This may be too much for you and we wouldn't want to pop a gasket.

I'm no business executive, but I imagine that any reasonable business owner would love it if his customers copied and distributed his advertisements for free. I may be wrong though.

I think it's all about the timing.. "releasing" information before it's released. Perhaps they don't want to be undercut by their competitors etc.
It kinda does smack of an insider trading of information.. well, it was being asked for anyways.

Ever notice when advertisers "leak" info or pretend like supplies are more limited and demand is greater than it really is? A lot of these "secret" ads are merely hype, distributed to "a select few", of whom only the most gullible will really believe they're in on something truly exclusive.

Kinda like the ads Portland area radio stations are currently running for the free bottles of "male enhancement formula" of which supplies are extremely limited "due to overwhelming demand". :s0114:

As a manager and salesmen in the 1970s, a friend of mine ran the sporting goods department for a local Bi-Mart. He was the best salesmen and personality I have ever come across. I learned a lot about retail sales from him as I was trying to get my shop going. Something I remember clearly is, then as it is now illegal for competitors of retail sales to obtain information being held in confidence or preparation for any sale or holiday sale. As I was told it is referred to as industrial espionage and is a chargeable offense.
Most stores owners do it on one scale or another to stay competitive, usually reading the competitors adds or walking through a store and taking mental notes will suffice.
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads