JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive shot a few hundred rabbits with Diana and Feinwerkbau air guns and I paid upwards of $400 for them 30 years ago in Germany where the rabbits are THICK . The Gamo blows them all away .

Here is a video of the one from Gammo I almost bought,

He was able to get impressive groups at 25 yards and even 50. Was not getting the kind of power I would want to use on something Yote size but when I wanted to try it to get rid of rats looked like it would do that. My shots would have been from the window into the yard so maybe 50 feet max. I was just impressed that the guns could hit stuff at 50 yards. Another showed a guy shooting cans of spray paint with a .177 and they were going clean through at fairly close range. Certainly not the air rifles I had as a kid :)

Not bad for a $200 airgun package. They look better than the last ones I looked at with plastic triggers and trigger guard. My boys gamo is still working but he broke the front sight and it's needing a scope. The vid may have inspired me to try it out again. I agree it would work good on rats. The hard part is going through all those pellets finding out what it shoots best. But fun as well. It sounds like they cock easy. My boys cocks super easy. The 10 shot mag is a great option. I had a break barrel at age 16. They were all pumps before that, well and that Red Rider that shot so well.

Not bad for a $200 airgun package. They look better than the last ones I looked at with plastic triggers and trigger guard. My boys gamo is still working but he broke the front sight and it's needing a scope. The vid may have inspired me to try it out again. I agree it would work good on rats. The hard part is going through all those pellets finding out what it shoots best. But fun as well. It sounds like they cock easy. My boys cocks super easy. The 10 shot mag is a great option. I had a break barrel at age 16. They were all pumps before that, well and that Red Rider that shot so well.

It was the mag and the ease of operation that had me almost buy one. Amazon had one for $180 delivered. I figured pretty much any pellet should work for what I wanted since my shots would be feet rather that yards. I could sit here at watch the damn rats coming out of the shrubs to poke around in the yard. Only reason I didn't buy the Gammo was I found I could attract the cats that the neighbors have to come and clean out the rats. Cats also chased off the pigeons that were hanging around. Win win for me :)

It was the mag and the ease of operation that had me almost buy one. Amazon had one for $180 delivered. I figured pretty much any pellet should work for what I wanted since my shots would be feet rather that yards. I could sit here at watch the damn rats coming out of the shrubs to poke around in the yard. Only reason I didn't buy the Gammo was I found I could attract the cats that the neighbors have to come and clean out the rats. Cats also chased off the pigeons that were hanging around. Win win for me :)

I have two Gray diggers left for my next backyard safari. My .22 air pistol shoots around 720 fps and wacks them good.

Just in case you've never seen a $3000 air rifle. They are built for competition like the Olympcs and super accurate . Like anything you can spend as much as you want.

Feinwerkbau 800

World-class accuracy is available with the FWB 800X air rifle! In fact, you'll never outgrow this airgun...even if you're an Olympic contender. With accuracy of 0.04" (center-to-center), you'll leave the competition standing in your wake. Because this rifle is powered by high-pressure air, the cocking lever requires an easy 2 lbs. of effort. To help you get more practice time without wasting pellets, use the dry-fire mechanism.

feinwerkbau-800-evolution-2.jpg
image_21224_059c12dc808055.jpg

Well heres one of mine. A .22 caliber, 8 shot Marauder Pistol. I believe its even made in the USA like the Rifle is. But i wouldnt use it for Coyotes like the .177 Gamo that wired uses. Just for the smaller varmints and rodents.

IMG_1869.JPG

I have a 22 cal mag. air rifle made by Flying Dragon. With a 18 grain 22 cal solid pellet it choreographed at over 850 fps. It's extremely accurate, and will no doubt kill a coyote with a well placed shot out to 50yds. Kieth Warren regularly kills pigs with a Gamo breakbarrel. It will not out perform a 22 cal LR, but will do the job if you do your part on medium size game at close range.

With some PCPs down to the price of a good piston break barrel, it's a tough decision to make.
But, adding all of the expensive gear required to recharge a PCP isn't a plus either.:(
I looked at one of the Gammo Break Barrels with the auto loading magazine, but that thing
is huge.:eek: It's as long as my 12GA :(

Ive shot a few hundred rabbits with Diana and Feinwerkbau air guns and I paid upwards of $400 for them 30 years ago in Germany where the rabbits are THICK . The Gamo blows them all away .
The rabbits in Germany are goooooood! They used to feed us deep fried rabbit 2-3 times a week in the mess hall. They were absolutely huge too. Good times.

Unsolicited two cents here. A buddy of mine had a disruptive raccoon problem in urban N Portland. Not wanting to make a lot of noise, he purchased a break-barrel 22 pellet rifle. I was naturally interested in trying it and popped a few rounds at my gun club just to get a feel for it. I didn't have a dB meter to measure it scientifically, but I felt it was just as loud indoors as common SV ammo in any of my 22lr rifles, if not louder.

Last Edited:
With a Benjamin Marauder the hammer spring is louder than the shot itself. They have full silencers. The pellet wacking the rodent is louder than the PCP air rifle itself. Quieter than any suppressed .22lr I've been around. But they don't sell in the toy department either.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top