JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a 10" TC, liked it. Sold it / Traded it. Can't remember why now - I have OCD when it comes to TC barrels in particular.

My go to load for plinking or small game was 200gr gas check wfn cast bullets (LBT made them for awhile) with 10gr Unique. I'd have to check, but I think that chronographed around 1100 or 1200 fps. Shot itty bitty groups and didn't kick much. I never did shoot at any game with it, but the 180gr Hornady is supposed to have a jacket that performs well at herrett velocities. I 4227 would get you into the 2000 fps neighborhood.

Brass lasted forever once you had some. I used a trim die and a dremel to cut the length, then squared and chamfered before necking down. Harbor freight sells a cheap chinese made saw for cutting copper tubing that would be worth checking out.

Thanks for the info! Im waiting on dies to show up so i can start making brass for it. Really wasnt looking to keep the gun but the more i read about the 357 herrett the more i wanted to get this thing shooting. I just hope i dont get the contender bug, but i think its already happening have been looking at more barrels and the 7mm TCU is starting to call my name :s0131: just some really cool round out there for em. Thanks again nrc!

Dave

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads