JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a BFR 45-70 which came with rubber grips that I could not get my pinky on. Needless to say, shooting a 45-70 hand gun with two fingers and a thumb grip is tricky at best. I made some wood grips 3/4" longer to fit my large hands and have been a happy until recently. I've asked Magnum Research over the years if other larger rubber grips are available. Apparently this is not a priority for them and prevalence of the BFR unimpressive for aftermarket support.
Recently I found this picture which I sent to Magnum Research to verify the frame as a BFR and ask if they had knowledge of grip source / manufacturer to which they opined:
" As best as I can tell it is a BFR. Looks like someone fit some super Black Hawk grips to it."
I've never bought aftermarket grips always made wooden ones so have "O" experience with them.
Can anyone identify the manufacture of grip pictured? The shape may be altered likely on trigger area if so.
bfr.jpg
Since someone else obviously preceded me in this endeavor, I believe it is also within my ability to alter them to function on my BFR which my arthritic hands would appreciate.
Thanks for any help here.

Those are most likely Hogue grips. They have the "pebble" texture which I personally have never seen on Pachmayr grips.
I shot off the picture to Hogue.
Got this nearly immediately response from Hogue:
"The grip pictured is the 84000 rubber grip. It is not a perfect fit on the BFR frame. The BFR frame is slightly larger than the Super Blackhawk frame. Due to these differences we do not recommend doing this. As you can see, some customers have still chosen to do this and are satisfied with the results."

Amusing was the legalese unrecommending, whilst still encouraging me. Also amusing was the primary Hogue web site indicating they also make microbiological toilet seats!
Thanks Heretic for your sharp eye.

Maybe they'll get the idea and make some BFR grips based on that mold...

elsie
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Molds are expensive and they get asked all the time for grips and stocks for much more popular firearms and they don't make them - there is obviously some amount of demand that they require to just break even on their overhead.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top