JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Know a guy selling his norinco sporter ak. Few mags and 1000 rounds of ammo. 500 bucks. Kinda seems like a no brainer. Trigger looks like it may slap a bit. Anyone have their 2 cents to put in on them?

213B8BA0-BB76-4457-9DFF-E6C437CE8FAA.jpeg

Buy it, and look up Norinco Galil build..
using this rifle you can make a really cool type of AK. Or simply leave it as is for collectors sake. $500 is a great price.

For those of you who have praised this rifle, or anyone else for that matter, what makes the sporter desirable?

Barrel? Receiver? It can't be the stock.

# 1 It is a Norinco
# 2 It takes Ak mags
# 3 You could hunt with it if you wished
# 4 The sporter Sks Norinco's are going for $700 and up depending on the stock
Not being argumentative, but those reasons don't make sense to me.

#1. I have a Norinco SKS. It's worth less than any of the other other SKS variants.
#2. It's an AK. Why wouldn't it?
#3. You can hunt with any other AK with the appropriate sized magazine.
#4. This isn't a sporter SKS. What's the deal with the stock being important?

Again, looking for quantitative reasons why it's desirable. Rarity? I know people look down on the thumb hole stocked version, or at least they used to.

Not being argumentative, but those reasons don't make sense to me.

#1. I have a Norinco SKS. It's worth less than any of the other other SKS variants.
#2. It's an AK. Why wouldn't it?
#3. You can hunt with any other AK with the appropriate sized magazine.
#4. This isn't a sporter SKS. What's the deal with the stock being important?

Again, looking for quantitative reasons why it's desirable. Rarity? I know people look down on the thumb hole stocked version, or at least they used to.
Ahhhh but does your Norinco Sks look like this ?

Norinco AK variants are very accurate and reliable. IIRC They were available at a time when all other AK imports were banned due to traditional AK features which is why the sporterized and thumbhole versions but otherwise they shot the same or better. Because of their AWB compliant features they sold for super cheap, they were one of those unknown good deals that owners didn't really know what they had on their hands until after they shot them or sold them.

Norinco AKs are a whole different animal from the average Chinese SKS. From what I've seen, they still seem to be very desirable, as far as AKs go. I don't know anything about that particular Sporter version, with the slant receiver fore and rear. I know a lot of guys like to convert them back to "normal" AK configuration, with the requisite number of US parts to stay legal. That one looks pretty unique, and may be tougher to "un-sporter". It's still a helluva price, especially if it comes with ammo.

Last Edited:
For those of you who have praised this rifle, or anyone else for that matter, what makes the sporter desirable?

Barrel? Receiver? It can't be the stock.
As others have said, these are no longer imported. What's here is here.. that's it.
The trigger is junk in the unconverted form. Much like the unconverted saiga .308 folded tin metal triggers (to me anyhow)..
However as mentioned before they can also be converted.. For collectors value alone, it'll only go up. In all honesty it's way underpriced for what it is (IMO). $500 is a steal for a collectors piece.

I sold one 15 yrs ago for more money & regretted doing that ever since.
It is worth more.
Why?

Because folks are willing to Pay More, simply because the value is there!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top