JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw these sitting at the Chevy dealer on Hwy 22 at Stayton. Just another overpriced toy. I am currently looking for a Jeep CJ7 or Wrangler with hard top and manual transmission, and hopefully a/c. Need an exploring rig that I can doll up a bit and have some fun with.

Payload capacity of 400 pounds means it is worthless with 2 adults and a tank of gas. As bad as the Cessna 152's I have been flying for instruction. Good thing the instructor is a small guy and we can use 1/2 tanks of fuel with a 494 pound payload capacity.

Payload capacity of 400 pounds means it is worthless with 2 adults and a tank of gas
All references I can find says that payload is only for the rear cargo box, and is in addition to 2 passengers and full fuel
However I also see references to 3,400lbs towing capacity.

Very likely the payload rating is intentionally low in order to keep it classed as an UTV with light duty specs as opposed to the farm vehicles like the Gator with 1,000lb capacity and so on.

Edit. From the Canadian Roxor page
WHY IS GVWR (GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT RATING) SO LOW?
The EPA off-road recreational vehicle regulations under which the ROXOR is authorized to be manufactured and sold impose restrictions and limits on topics such as weights and capacities.

These are a LOT bigger then a Flat fender or first generation CJ5 having a 96" wheel base The Flat fender jeeps are 80" the early CJ-5 is 81" so the wheel base is 15-16" longer then a Willys Jeep width. The Early CJ'S 2A 3A 3B 5 and 6 were all 57 1/8" wide this Roxor thing is 62" wide or roughly 5" wider. Over all lenght of a 2A 3A 3B is 123" the CJ5 is about 125" Having a rear mounted spare will increase this. The Roxor is 148" long or a Whopping 23" longer

So while the idea of dropping a Flat fender body on to one is possible not without a LOT of frame surgery or tub stretching.

That thing will be stumbling all over the trail and beating you to death. If you are serious, then a true UTV is the way to go. I just sold my Polaris Turbo Dynamix and bought a Can-Am RC X3 Turbo R and it is much better than the Polaris IMO.

These are street legal here in Idaho and we drive them everywhere except the freeway...even though it can hit 90mph pretty darn fast.

4EC343C7-1245-442A-B53A-35B0BA66CD83.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top