JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They make some pretty cool retro AR stuff (chrome lined barrels, classic A1 uppers, XM177e2, etc.) about 20% less than Brownells and way less than Colt or Troy... but I've never heard of them before.

Has anybody bought anything from these guys? How long did it take to get your order?

Grain of salt, of course, but this is what i found after a 10 second googlin'.

They make some pretty cool retro AR stuff (chrome lined barrels, classic A1 uppers, XM177e2, etc.) about 20% less than Brownells and way less than Colt or Troy... but I've never heard of them before.

Has anybody bought anything from these guys? How long did it take to get your order?

Wow...Seems this company has many excuses for why they let, PAID, customers fall through the cracks. And then say "TOUGH!"

They've got more excuses than Carter's has pills! (Always wanted to be able to use that ;))

^^^Yeah, I was afraid of this.. I know from being in mfg. myself that sometimes parts get late (e.g., chrome can take 30+ days) but not having a good production control system where customers can track their orders, or at least, check in and get an update.. that is BS. These are not cheap items.

TNTE has a nice website, too bad they can't live up to it.

If anybody can refer a reliable source for retro uppers I would appreciate it.

I recently placed an online order from a NW AR mfg. and they tried to pull a bait and switch.. Gave me the whole, "just kidding, out of stock, maybe you'd like one of these instead?" Um, no, I don't. Now I have a bunch of parts for an AR build I probably won't finish anytime this year (or ever, depending).

Nobody can deliver or keep anything in stock. But nobody seems to be outsourcing machining work either. I don't get it.

Look up John Thomas at Retro Arms Works. Tell him what you want to build and maybe he can sort you out with some suggestions.

He's the guy I had do the NFA Compliance work on my M4, and you have to look at it real close to figure out where Colt's barrel stops and his shim starts--when he sent the review photos before settling up and shipping, I had to ask if it was a Before or After pic, it blends in that well!

Last Edited:
Unfortunately, TNTEsales got me to the tune of $700 and change, BUT, they did come through on the full order, it only took them 5 months! They post that they are a small operation and that things can some times take a while, but everything I had ordered was listed on the sight as ether instock, or ready to go in less then 15 days! This was 2 weeks before the rona, so that excuse don't cut it! After 25 days, I emailed them to check my status, and got a canned "due to covid, were short staffed and hours". no update to my order, or explanation! I emailed them every 2 weeks, and got the same canned reply, and no order update! Finally, I sent them a certified letter demanding ether they complete my order, or refund my money with no penalties, I got a email back saying my order had been filled and was shipping, though it sat in the UPS shipping center with a "No Delivery Scheduled" for three days after arriving in Salem, and a quick phone call to the UPS shipping center got them off their arses and my upper delivered that same day!

So, NO I would not order from TNTEsales again, it's not worth the headaches chasing your order around, and having zero customer support or communications! Thankfully, my retro upper is 100% correct and functions flawlessly!

Also, stay away from Model 1 Sales for retro parts, it's hit and miss on the quality and or correctness side!

RetroRifles.com has an iffy reputation too--at this point it's looking like Brownells, NoDak Spud (who partners with Brownells on the Retro line) or maybe M&A Parts or Tony's Customs for suppliers. Retro Arms Works does gunsmithing services rather than catalog-orders, but John is THE guru for clone builds.

Check Shark Arms for current Colt uppers too; Ohio Ordnance Works and Arms Unlimited both occasionally get flattop M16 contract-overrun URG's (OOW gets FN's, AU gets Colts and then for some incomprehensible reason slaps Magpul handguards on them as soon as they come off the truck.)

Grain of salt, of course, but this is what i found after a 10 second googlin'.

During that same time frame I sent a Bushmaster back to Remington for a warrantied barrel replacement. It sat at the Remington plant for 12 months waiting for a new barrel, which was back ordered. Finally, I found a barrel at Fulton Armory that I liked and simply bought it. I then told Remington to just send my rifle back to me.

Oh no, tell me TNTE isn't using Covid virus for cover! And sounding so indignant about it (BBB correspondence). Remington has a better excuse, they're going broke.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top