JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I loved going to ARPC when I lived in Corvallis; I relocated to Bend and have missed speed steel and USPSA greatly. COSSA's web sight is not very informative. Can non-members compete? I have plenty of land and do not need to drive to shoot, but I would like to compete. Any reviews of the place?

I've shot there in the past---you do not have to be a member to compete. They shoot
USPSA in good weather, and go to a all steel format in the winter. Haven't done a winter
match, but I do not think it's a 'Steel Challenge" format, more like USPSA with all steel??

I shot 3-gun there a few times just a couple years back as a non-member. They basically just open the gates when any event is going on. There's a non-member fee that you can pay at the drop box when you sign in right after the gate. If I remember correctly it was $5.

They also have a non-member range that's past the gate but I heard from a friend that it was recently closed due to people not paying. When I used to go there it wasn't a paid range, but I do remember them adding a pay box so I guess it didn't go over too well.

The COSSA fees are super reasonable, but you also have to take a day-long safety class which is what has prevented me from becoming a member. I really have no desire to stand around all day with a bunch of fudds learning how to keep their muzzle down range.

The drive can also be a little bit of a PITA after awhile.

Actually the 'orientation' is only two hours with one of them a walk around of the facility which was more an emphasis on the various ranges, rules and the different groups that use them with the safety aspect kept simple and common-sense based. As far as the 'fudds' well they are a very dedicated group who put in a lot of volunteer time to promote and improve the club. I have a very different opinion, and respect for COSSA after participating, and joining yesterday.

Last Edited:
Sorry for the miscommunication, please let me clarify:

I've shot competitions at COSSA and every single volunteer and RO I've met has been incredibly nice, squared away, professional and great to be around.

By "fudds" I was referring to the large number of people that come out to COSSA once a year to sight in their hunting rifle, have horrid gun handling / safety, and walk up to everyone with NFA items and ask them how they get away with having all this "illegal" stuff. It seems to happen to me every time I'm there and it just gets old.

By "fudds" I was referring to the large number of people that come out to COSSA once a year to sight in their hunting rifle, have horrid gun handling / safety,
Sounds like this will be a good time to stay away from COSSA - or steer clear on one of other ranges there - that is the up side to COSSA - lots of ranges and room!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top