JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally drew a Saddle Mountain unit doe tag. I started applying years ago when the idea of an easy kill was a little more appealing, and kept putting in for it because I wasn't gonna let ODF&W just walk away with my money for entering the draw....Anyways, I have this tag. The season runs from October 2nd to November 5th. My youngest is too gentle to want to kill a deer. I'd rather see a kid with a desire to hunt fill it. It is up for grabs but I will be very picky about who, if anyone, gets it. Terms and conditions below-
  1. The kid must be between 9 and 15 and enrolled in the mentored youth program through ODF&W. Proof of signing up needs to be shown.You will need to familiarize yourself with the program. This must be your childs first kill.
  2. A parent needs to come along. I'm not a babysitter. Nor should you trust an armed strange man alone in the woods with your kids
  3. You must be willing to live in or drive to the Vernonia area. I know of some good spots. My days off are Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and evey other Wednesday. I am not flexible on that
  4. ALL laws must be followed and all safety rules apply. Everyone will have orange on. If I get muzzle swept, a beer gets cracked or I smell a skunk when the parent sneaks off, the hunt is over and your kid will cry.
  5. The kid must be well behaved and be willing to work for it. Same goes for the parent. I have little patience for whiny kids and zero tolerance for parents who swear at or belittle their child for making mistakes while they're learning.
  6. If a deer goes down, it is yours to harvest and process. I will help, but you're gutting it. Dragging it out will mostly be on you. I can hike for miles, but I also have physical limitations when it comes to lifting.
  7. Your kid must have shooting experience and know where to place a shot. I have a 30-06, but I would prefer the kid use a rifle they are familiar with.
  8. This is hunting. Filling the tag isnt guaranteed. Quality time in the woods is more important than anything else. Don't get growly at me if we get skunked.
About me. 41 years old, married father of two and one in Heaven. Pretty laid back but take gun safety very seriously. I am not a pro guide, but I am very passionate about spending time in the woods. Nothing would make me happier than helping a kid get their first animal. If you're interested, shoot me a message.

Sounds like a great opportunity for somebody who wants to get their child into hunting. Hope it works out well for all involved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top