JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if any Tikka Tac A1 6.5CM owner measured throat erosion in his/her Tikka Tac A1 CM.? After five months of Tac A1 ownership (got the rifle new at Cabela's) I shot just slightly over 1K rounds, all of them Hornady 140gr and 147gr ELD-Match bullets. I measured land distance when I got the rifle and now after 1K shots the erosion is 0.020 inches for 147gr bullets and 0.025 inches for 140gr bullets. The rifle shoots great and I did not see any changes in accuracy. Luckily my Tikka is not picky about bullet seating, so any land distance off up to 0.100 inches generates the same sub-1/2-MOA accuracy. I am already planning on barrel replacement when I shoot out the barrel, and considering that lately I shoot 300-400 reloads every months, I am expecting the barrel to go south in 3-4 months. I clean barrel after every range trip and remove copper fouling every 200 rounds. My Tikka is very prone to copper fouling. I do not reload hot loads and my muzzle velocity is about 2,650 ft/sec. My powder load is 42.3gr and 41.7gr for 140gr and 147gr bullets, respectively.

Cheers,

Dan