JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
** I am closing this thread hopefully for good!**

Looks like Moose has a home! A car forum member brought him home yesterday. :up:

He wants to try him out for a week, so unless he decides Moose is not the right dog for him he's all set.

I really appreciate all the support, kind words, and the help in finding him a home!!

Well, the place for him I had lined up fell through at the last minute. Life is changing and I can't keep him anymore. This was the exact dog I was looking for, and paid a good amount for him, so I am quite bummed. Really really sucks, but such is life. Many of you have met Moose at various BBQ's or at my house.

He'll be 2 on December 8th, UKC 'PR' American Pit Bull Terrier, seal in color, and weighs around 100 lbs. If you want a tiny dog, this ain't the dog for you. High energy, high work drive and needs a lot of exercise. Preferably you have a yard with good, tall fences for him to run in. He loves spring poles! Very loyal and fairly protective of his property/owners. He's great with all people though. Good with some dogs, not all. He seems to do best with little dogs and puppies. Mostly he's just a big goof ball that wants to play all the time.

He has all vaccines except for rabies, has his UKC paperwork, comes with everything needed (kennel, dog bed, toys, food, etc.).

Here's the crappy part for me - I move out tomorrow and can't bring him with to my new place. I can figure something out for a couple of days but that's about it. Preferably I can find a permanent home for him. But, if someone wants to let him stay for a couple weeks til I can find him a home then that'd be great too.

Here's your chance to get a $1500 dog for free! Shoot me a pm or post if you or someone you know would be interested.

Thanks!

0705091437a.jpg
0518091938b.jpg
0514091127.jpg

Agreed, beautiful beast. I'd jump on it if not already committed to my Rotts...there was a time though. Best of luck, he deserves the best.

I googled Pit Bull Rescue Oregon and this first hit looks good, in Portland. I bet they'd like your dog and be able to easily place him.

Pawsitively Pit Bull offers Rescue, Adoption and Advocacy Services in the Portland Metro...

<broken link removed>

All the best, awesome dog.

Edit to add this; I'm a sucker for donating to causes like this, especially local. I pitched 'em a C-note with these instructions:

Paid in the name of Moose, a UKC APBT, a 100 lb dog, seal in color, whose master I have directed to your facility for possible rescue. I hope you can accommodate this magnificent animal. Thank you very much...

For real, give them a call

How is he with kids?

Helen Kellar's dog was a pit.
They use Pits with autistic children for their high pain tolerance... poor dogs take alot but they keep on ticking.

SF-

If you can't find a home for him, try talking to:

www.familydogsnewlife.org

They are a no kill shelter and I adopted the sweetest Chocolate lab from them several years back. They might be able to help you.

They're full. And quite frankly, not very friendly when I went to talk to them last week. But I will write that off as someone that just forgot their coffee that morning!

I have called every shelter in the area and all are full or will not take APBT's or do not actually have a shelter.

Definitely appreciate the ideas though!

I googled Pit Bull Rescue Oregon and this first hit looks good, in Portland. I bet they'd like your dog and be able to easily place him.

Pawsitively Pit Bull offers Rescue, Adoption and Advocacy Services in the Portland Metro...

<broken link removed>

Edit to add this; I'm a sucker for donating to causes like this, especially local. I pitched 'em a C-note with these instructions:

Paid in the name of Moose, a UKC APBT, a 100 lb dog, seal in color, whose master I have directed to your facility for possible rescue. I hope you can accommodate this magnificent animal. Thank you very much...

Wow, that was very generous of you! Thanks!!

Actually they are the first place I called because I remember reading about them. However their phone number is incorrectly listed and is actually the residence of a family in no way related to them. I'm going on a week plus without a response to my e-mail. I guess I'll just drive by and hope they are open (no hours or other info listed on their site).

My friend mentioned that they seem to have lost interest and been quite hit or miss lately. Too bad since they were apparently fantastic when they first started!

How is he with kids?

Helen Kellar's dog was a pit.
They use Pits with autistic children for their high pain tolerance... poor dogs take alot but they keep on ticking.

SF-

I don't know how he is with kids since I don't have any and none of my friends do either. He's the typical APBT with the high pain tolerance and patience. I'm always amazed how long he will let puppies chew on his neck and ears even when he's clearly sick of playing.

<broken link removed>

Btw, I just noticed this on their site...

Contact Us

Before you contact us, please remember that we do not accept personal relinquishments of pit bulls. We work with the area animal shelters to screen dogs there.

Thank you!

They're full. And quite frankly, not very friendly when I went to talk to them last week. But I will write that off as someone that just forgot their coffee that morning!

I kind of know what you mean. They have a little bit of 'tude there, but I rescued the dog I wanted so that was all that mattered to me. Angus is doing just fine at my house. :s0155:

Absolutely! I appreciate the stress they're under. Especially when it's Saturday morning and you open the doors to a line of 20 people. I think I'd be a little cranky in the morning if that's how every day started!!

Again, I really appreciate all the support everyone. Great to see first hand internet communities helping each other out!

I talked to my landlord at the place I'm leaving and he's going to let me use the garage for the weekend so I have somewhere to keep him for a few more days. Theoretically I have someone that can take him on Monday for a few weeks. I hope that doesn't fall through as well.

Still in the hunt for a home for him!

Guys, I will be less available online than usual the next few days. If you or someone you know are interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail/pm but also call my cell phone. 360-624-7663

Seth

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top