JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And when fear and emotion don't work for them they resort to personal attacks on their opponents. :s0049:

As a group I find the antis to be completely clueless and classless people. :s0054:

I thought the closing comments by the Chief of Seattle PD to be the highlight of the ridiculousness of the anti-gun argument -- concealed weapons permits make people suicidal??

It's ironic that the anti's often try to portray gun owners as raving lunatics, since imo the pro-gun panelists presented a balanced and researched argument, and it was the anti's who were foaming at the mouth with FUD-based statements

I thought the closing comments by the Chief of Seattle PD to be the highlight of the ridiculousness of the anti-gun argument -- concealed weapons permits make people suicidal??

It's ironic that the anti's often try to portray gun owners as raving lunatics, since imo the pro-gun panelists presented a balanced and researched argument, and it was the anti's who were foaming at the mouth with FUD-based statements

Honestly we need more debates like this to happen, and on larger public stages. Sure, there are a lot of people who are going to go for the emotional twaddle, but a lot more will start to see it for what it is...

I just had a great idea to add to the 'idea list'. I'm not sure of the details, but I would *really* like NWFA to sponsor a gun control debate with some of the more popular anti's here in the Northwest. Granted, we have it pretty good here, but there's always room to swing people our way ;)

How did I miss that? It was broadcast on OPB, right? In general I've found NPR folks to be extremely accommidating. I took part in a CHP discussion on the local OPB morning talk show last month and all the studio people and callers were really positive and open.
As far as debating the antis- it's a fantastic idea though I don't know how receptive local activists would be. I've tried contacting the Portland MMM folks and and others to try to arrange for an interview with no success.

antis dont want facts and proveable statistics they want their fantisty view accepted without question. the truth destroys their view of the world. They actually think that a 911 call will get the police to their door in time to save their life.( ask one to try it with a stop watch) or maybe a sun dial.

For those willing to attempt to argue with the anti's in an entertainment oriented medium, I wish you success.

I might recommend you prepare yourself ahead of time by cultivating an attitude toward forbearance and forgiveness..... and have a double martini right before you engage.

Me....I learned a long time ago not to pursue rational argument with fools.

It's ironic that the anti's often try to portray gun owners as raving lunatics...

Anti-gun people are desperate to keep out of the hands of people just like themselves: childish, emotional, petty, spiteful, and confrontational. They don't trust themselves with firearms and, like many people do, they assume everyone else is just like them. In order for them to realize that many people *aren't* like that, they would also have to stop deluding themselves that their weakness of character is "normal" and "acceptable."

Anti-gun people are desperate to keep out of the hands of people just like themselves: childish, emotional, petty, spiteful, and confrontational. They don't trust themselves with firearms and, like many people do, they assume everyone else is just like them. In order for them to realize that many people *aren't* like that, they would also have to stop deluding themselves that their weakness of character is "normal" and "acceptable."

EXACTLY why taking on the task is an often frustrating and pointless exercise. :nuts:

Their entire case is based on fear and emotion...

Actually MY case for carrying is in good part, based on fear and emotion! :s0114: I didn't much like standing there unarmed during an armed robbery and it *&^%$# me off pretty good! :s0114:

I have a friend who is a curator of a museum who is VERY anti-gun, but when there was trouble with her (let's be polite) idiot son, guess who they called to come over to watch over them? Yep. :confused:

I don't understand why they believe the way they do, it defies logic and is contrary to my own life experience.

Could not listen to the broadcast (technical difficulties).

IMO, there are two instances when guns do not reduce crime, just does not make a difference:
* crime is significantly low to start with. CC does not make a "statistically significant" difference.
* Criminals are nort deterred. I am sure there are a few wacos out there like that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top