Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone like the Shooter's Ridge "30-round Ruger 10/22 metal head magazine" -- ?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by dontreadonme, Aug 25, 2011.

1. dontreadonme

dontreadonme SW Washington Member

Just picked one up today on sale for $19.99 at Fisherman's in Delta Park. It seemed sound, so I got it. Here's the site. Once I got it home, I couldn't even load 15 rounds before the spring action jammed and the rounds would shake loose and even fall out of the mag. It was a comedy of errors, so I think I'll just return it.

Anyone else have such bad luck? I'd love to have a high-cap mag for my trusty 10/22 ... but can't find one better than the factory 10-rounder ...

Thanks for any suggestions, other reviews, etc. ... I hope I just got a bad one.

DOTM

2. Mr.B

Mr.B Hippyville Active Member

I had a shooters ridge mag......for a day. It just wouldn't work. I have butler creek Steel lipped mags and they work well (most) of the time. Ruger just came out with a 25 round for the 10/22 that is supposed to run as well as the factory 10 round rotary magazine.

3. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

4. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Good to know.
    Mike

5. dontreadonme

dontreadonme SW Washington Member

I'm returning this thing asap and ordering a TI25 .... they sound great, and I like that you can take them apart and clean them. I didn't read where they had any 'jungle clip' capability though ..

Thanks again, this forum is amazing ... two hours later and I have my answers.