JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Never has a submachinegun ever been more cussed (and discussed) then the H&R Model 50 Reising. It came in two stock configurations full and Model 55 "paratrooper" (folding) stock types. The only problem with the Reising was that it was prone to jam when dust and oil came together to render the Model 50 inoperable. In most civilian, Police and Nuclear reactor sites (where the post-war submachineguns served) the Reising shot well. Due to it's relatively slow rate of fire, (from the closed bolt) the Reising was both effective and manageable.

The Model 60 was a full stock and 18.25" barrel length. It was a .45 ACP self loader than had better accuracy than many shooters believed.

Does anyone here either like, or fancy an H&R Reising Model 60?

Last Edited:
Such an overlooked piece of history! I love shooting the Model 60, better than the Thompson. The Reising is also an extremely simple design though there isn't allot of room inside the receiver for dirt and grime!

Oh boy want talk about spendy mags, $100+ now for Reising marked mags!!o_O

I must agree that it beats the #ell out of the Thompson self-loading Carbine. I wonder if you could arrange for an MPA (MAC-10) magazine to function in the Reising Model 60?

Even the new MPA Carbine shoots as accurately as a Thompson Carbine and can be had for a little more than $600. What a neat, compact and convenient Carbine! You can buy one for less than most .45 ACP handguns. They come with a 30 round magazine, and weigh less. (But that's another thread).

What's not to like?

I would love to see a .45 acp wood stocked carbine made and sold.
I have seen and handled , but never shot a H&R model 60.
Seemed like a good design , felt good in the hands as well.
A .45 acp carbine would make a fun and handy gun to shoot and have around.
Wish Marlin would bring back the Camp 45 with internal improvements.
Andy

483987_orig.jpg
I've seen worse* ... But I do like the "fun" factor for a pistol caliber carbine.
Also if .45 acp is good in a 5 inch barrel , Just think how much better it is in a longer barrel.

* Here is one example A Puckle Gun. It was a revolving flintlock that could shoot round balls or "square" balls ...
Andy

View attachment 287446
I've seen worse* ... But I do like the "fun" factor for a pistol caliber carbine.
Also if .45 acp is good in a 5 inch barrel , Just think how much better it is in a longer barrel.

* Here is one example A Puckle Gun. It was a revolving flintlock that could shoot round balls or "square" balls ...
Andy

I'll agree with fun for plinking.

9mm would be softer recoil and half the price or less to shoot though:rolleyes:

.9mm is a excellent cartridge as well.
Many fine handguns are chambered for it. I like the Colt Carbine that shoots it.
I do not own anything in .9mm . However I do have a Colt Government in .45acp , so a carbine in .45 acp makes better sense for me.
Andy

View attachment 287446

Andy

That's cool, Andy!
I don't know, though. Despite the obvious size of the bore I'm not sure that it's enough gun for a big, rogue, Kosher Dill!o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top