JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Step right up and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip... that started in this tropic port aboard this tiny ship.
Arrrrrg.

I liked the original series. It was the comeback/rescue shows that I thought were kind of hokey. At least nothing was all CGI back then though.

That's cool!! I worked as a welder for the fab shop that built Slattery cranes during this time period. Those cranes might be my handiwork!!

ETA;
By the way, there is a typo in the description. The large crane is a 12-ton, not a 2-ton.:D:D

Last Edited:
Many years ago, I loved to watch that Show, then it went kinda off the rails, and I had better things to do!

^^^ This

Right! You can only watch somebody haul a crab pot so many times:p

Hell no man... I watched for the injuries, the man-overboard, the salty talk, and hoping I'd get to see my old USCG helo!!

------------------------------------------------------

Time Bandit was never meant to be a crabbing vessel. It was a tender of some sort. Maybe I'd pay $2500 for it, the steel is worth something if it's not all rusted out, but not $2 with six zeros!!!!! Must be museum pricing.

Reminds me of an old saying: The best day in a fisherman's life is when his buddy gets a boat.

I can't afford to buy or maintain it, but if you buy it, I'll gladly come crabbing with ya. :D

I've owned lots of boats.

I gave away the last 2 and all the associated gear...to my daughter.

I also gave her my travel trailer and my fishing gear and I always bought the best in quality.

At this point in life, I never 'sell' anything.

(Oh my giving away includes neighbors and other friends, not just my daughter or grands)

Why don't I sell?

Don't care for the bother of knuckleheads who offend with low ball, ludicrous offers thus 'I'd rather give it away'. Oh you offer me $500 for something worth $5000, (yes, I exaggerate, but not much) no problem, I'll give it away...a-hole, but NOT to you...)

Selling does mean interacting (back when I did so) and being offended as I priced what I wanted to sell at quite a bargain price for the buyer. When such buyers wanted an unrealistic bargain, I quickly learned: Give it away. And I'm speaking of high quality stuff. Not worn or well past it's prime. Good stuff.

Since, I can afford to give away, I do and not because I'm being altruistic, but just don't care to put up with with scavenging knuckleheads....

They've gone a bit overboard on the scenic crab fishing in media.:D Saw one like this down at Illwaco.
full.jpg

Reminds me of an old saying: The best day in a fisherman's life is when his buddy gets a boat.

I can't afford to buy or maintain it, but if you buy it, I'll gladly come crabbing with ya. :D

As long as it's not in the Bering Sea???

I've owned lots of boats.

I gave away the last 2 and all the associated gear...to my daughter.

I also gave her my travel trailer and my fishing gear and I always bought the best in quality.

At this point in life, I never 'sell' anything.

(Oh my giving away includes neighbors and other friends, not just my daughter or grands)

Why don't I sell?

Don't care for the bother of knuckleheads who offend with low ball, ludicrous offers thus 'I'd rather give it away'. Oh you offer me $500 for something worth $5000, (yes, I exaggerate, but not much) no problem, I'll give it away...a-hole, but NOT to you...)

Selling does mean interacting (back when I did so) and being offended as I priced what I wanted to sell at quite a bargain price for the buyer. When such buyers wanted an unrealistic bargain, I quickly learned: Give it away. And I'm speaking of high quality stuff. Not worn or well past it's prime. Good stuff.

Since, I can afford to give away, I do and not because I'm being altruistic, but just don't care to put up with with scavenging knuckleheads....

I'm with you Manny. Most of my "stuff" is good quality but others apparently do not perceive the value. I've given away about 6 firearms and an equal number of fishing poles. Not ready to give up everything tho... some of those "things" are my "treasures". :)

Last Edited:
If somebody was still making good money that boat wouldn't be for sale.

Let that sink in

I don't even know where to find recent episodes of Deadliest Catch, so I didn't know the Hillstrand('s) had retired. So it is a surprise to me to see this boat up for sale.

I don't even know where to find recent episodes of Deadliest Catch, so I didn't know the Hillstrand('s) had retired. So it is a surprise to me to see this boat up for sale.

Hulu has most episodes, they may have the latest. I had them on my list to watch but got bored with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top