JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
His reply to several emails we had about his new 938:

On the size difference between the 238 and the 938:
"I have had two 238's... one is now my wifes EDC, which is why I had to get a second...The barrel is 3/8" longer and the grip just wide enough to accomodate the 9mm round. I think it is actually a bit more comfortable than the 238... just a touch heavier and a touch bigger... feels more like a "real" gun. LOL..."

On the recoil of the 938:
"Very similar to the P239, less than my PM9. A joy to shoot. 100+ rounds down range and 100% performance. I love this gun!!"

I don't remember- what are these retailing for? I may need one instead of a p238- I still have a couple months to change my Milt Sparks order...

-Never mind, saw it on page one...probably will stick with the 238...

Last Edited:
Beautiful gun...price is a bit steep however...my friend just got the diamond back 9mm and it is a really nice little carry piece...

I have looked and played with a couple of Diamondbacks..........just don't feel good in my hand.
I had a great P238 and loved the feel and it shot really well. Sold it to have the cash for the P938 when they show up.

yeah, they do look a hell of a lot better than the diamondback, honestly none of the pocket pistols feel terrific in my hand, but I am a sig fan...just wish it wasn't so expensive to be one lol.

The price is the only reason I'm gonna get a P238 in about a month

Well remember that the "retail" prices posted by Sig are usually much higher than what stores often sell the gun for.
My P238 had a "retail" price of almost $600 but the actual cost was a lot less than that.
The P938's release may well actually lower the prices on the P238 or at least create more lightly used 238s in the market.

... hey JP ... I've kept my P238, the trigger pull is now a LOT better.

The M&P Shield in 9 and .40, has likely put a bit of a dent in the P938 release; so instead of April, the P938 is now more end of July, as has been written.
The P938 is now seemed to be the competitor against the Shield ...

I await the P938 ... likely there will be a lot of p238's on the market then? Possibly, but I'll keep mine. It's a SIG after all.
Summer is here and the p238 is right for summer CC ...

:)

Chris

... hey JP ... I've kept my P238, the trigger pull is now a LOT better.

The M&P Shield in 9 and .40, has likely put a bit of a dent in the P938 release; so instead of April, the P938 is now more end of July, as has been written.
The P938 is now seemed to be the competitor against the Shield ...

I await the P938 ... likely there will be a lot of p238's on the market then? Possibly, but I'll keep mine. It's a SIG after all.
Summer is here and the p238 is right for summer CC ...

:)

Chris

Chris,

I would have liked to have kept mine, but funds are tight and I decided I wanted the 938 more so I sold my 238 with all the accessories and ammo and banked the sale awaiting a 938. Lost some $$ in the sale, but that is often the case. The buyer got a really nice 238.
I doubt the 938 will be be the competitor against the Shield as the Shield costs a lot less than the 938. Just depends on what type of mini pistol you prefer. I like the all metal feel of the Sig. Looks like the closest competitor would be the Kimber Solo 9mm as I see these listed for $680-$750. The Solo looks like a very nice pistol but online reviews say it is very picky about what ammo it will feed.
<broken link removed>

Jim

Not hijacking the thread or anything but, I did buy a Solo 2 tone. "Broke-in" with 25 rounds of Win 147gr range. No problems at all.

With Rem UMC 115gr, over 100 rounds, there were some 15 ft feed and 10 fte. Different mags, cleaning, etc.

Switching to magtech 124 and Win 147gr range, 100 rounds, no problems at all.
Using 124/147 gr defense ammo (Speer, Hornady, Federal, Remington), 40 rounds, no problems at all.
The right gr ammo, 100% reliable, as stated by Kimber.

I envision doing much the same for the P938, when the day comes, that I can get my paws on one.

Chris

I couldn't wait- just bought myself a P238 HDW last night- it'll be an awesome carry pistol, and when the weather is colder/I'm wearing more clothes, I'll just carry my XDm compact. I think the all stainless with rosewood grips is absolutely gorgeous. To all you P238 owners- are the inexpensive ProMag magazines any good or do I just need to suck it up and pay thru the nose for genuine Sig mags? I may need to start another thread to solicit opinions for that I suppose...

Promags - a little off the thread topic but ... I've had two of the Promags for the P238.
Can be had from $15.5 to $17, certainly cheaper than the gen-u-whine SIG P238 mags.
Both 'stuck' on feeding - misfeed to some. I didn't have the patience to resolve the problem - maybe a little filing here and there.
I paid the piper and bought SIG P238 mags @ $39 ea. No problems from the get go with the SIG mags.
There is a difference between the Promag and SIG when examined a little closer
... even more so if one compares the first P238 mags, to the latest P238 and then, the Promags.

Note: SIG have a special going - 3 x P238 7 round extended mags (that means 7+1) for $99.99 free ship and handle.

... still waiting the P938 ... talked to west coast armory today and looks like I will plonk the hard earned down tomorrow...

Chris

Promags - a little off the thread topic but ... I've had two of the Promags for the P238.
Can be had from $15.5 to $17, certainly cheaper than the gen-u-whine SIG P238 mags.
Both 'stuck' on feeding - misfeed to some. I didn't have the patience to resolve the problem - maybe a little filing here and there.Chris

Interesting as I had two of the PM 7 round mags and two of the Colt copies of the 10 round mags and all four never failed to feed through over 100 rounds of JHP and FMJ rounds.
I did take each apart and polish the exteriors, clean the interiors, and finish them off with froglube.......but I doubt this made any difference.