JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
C39B85F2-30AC-46F5-AE5A-F0DE71D184B5.jpeg 5E794EA7-746E-41DC-84BE-62CB521F0851.jpeg 13C9EB36-2286-46A8-84B5-72FA137C3074.jpeg 84F485AC-0390-4180-8168-7490255E9018.jpeg

my mom just retired and sold her house. Dad passed a few years ago. She found this and mailed it to me. markings are hard to find. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Nick

Nice call. Let me provide an assist on that link...

Nouvelle page 0
Maybe not Emile Bernard (1900-1919). That's way late for a pinfire. Pinfire shotguns
started out in the 1830's, and were pretty much replaced by centerfire shotshells by the
1870's.

Gun making in Belgium was a family affair---guessing this shotgun was by a ancestor of Emile.

Maybe not Emile Bernard (1900-1919). That's way late for a pinfire. Pinfire shotguns
started out in the 1830's, and were pretty much replaced by centerfire shotshells by the
1870's.

Gun making in Belgium was a family affair---guessing this shotgun was by a ancestor of Emile.
Any idea on where to take it to get a value on it? Wasn't in my family long so no big attachedment to it.

Any idea on where to take it to get a value on it? Wasn't in my family long so no big attachedment to it.
That old gun is really cool. Some day you might want some legacy of your own to pass along.

Giving unique, rare things to my kids that belonged to their grandfathers and great grandfathers, is more meaningful to me than what any of it is worth.

I know it's tempting to cash in on it, but it's worth holding out, if you can.

Whatever you do, I hope you find out it's worth some $$$$

That old gun is really cool. Some day you might want some legacy of your own to pass along.

Giving unique, rare things to my kids that belonged to their grandfathers and great grandfathers, is more meaningful to me than what any of it is worth.

I know it's tempting to cash in on it, but it's worth holding out, if you can.

Whatever you do, I hope you find out it's worth some $$$$
Thanks for that. I've got a pretty darn full safe for my two boys. Hope they appreciate the wide range of toys. Scar to M1 garand and everything in between.
I guess I'm now more interested in how this shotgun got in the closet!

Looks like Bernard's of one flavor or another were in the gun business in Belgium and France during the
pinfire era. Pull the barrels and check the proofmarks to see if it is a Belgian or French gun. You may
also be able to narrow the time of manufacture by the proof and inspector marks.

1870's.

I yield and fully admit I no nothing on the subject.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top