JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the best price is on the one you find for sale.

Nice 1911,but nothing to write home about.Plenty others out there for the same money that function as good or better

Wholesale Sports quoted me 659.00 yesterday. But he laughed when I ask about them. He told me they last about 10 minutes after they get them. Sometimes they don't even hit the shelf before they are gone.

Cheapest I've seen it for is about $620 from my local gun store but he doesn't know when he'll get any in. I've been looking for about 3+ months now. Cabelas here in Lacey, WA has one but they want $750 for it. I love my Ruger SR40c and the wife loves her SR9c so obviously want the SR1911 but I'm not trying to pay almost $150 more than the best price I've found. I try to give my business to the local guy rather than the marked up "Big Box" stores so I'll probably wait till he can get one in. I've actually started looking at the Remington 1911 R1. They make one in stainless and its about the same price.

Bought one last March (or April) at Wholesale Sports for $659 out the door. It's the only one I've seen for sale in person before or since then. I've seen some advertised for far more since then. I wanted one, but if I'd not found the one I bought, I'd not pay a "scalper's" price for one. I would have just waited.
It is not my only 1911. I've mostly had Colts and a Dan Wesson. It's a good gun and I'm pleased.

I dont get it either. SO MANY 1911 choices out there. I have 7 1911's all quality pieces. Kimber, Colt, Ed Brown, Clark etc. My favorite believe it or not is my S&W 1911 sc. Freakin tack driver, great street trigger and light to boot. Wouldnt pay scalper price on a Ruger. Just my two cents.

Ruger makes excellent firearms and they have an incredible marketing department. They tend to jump the gun on the marketing. The demand is very high for all newly introduced Ruger firearms, yet the availble guns are almost always very difficult to get (as a retailer) after initial shipments are sent. Cases in point, LCP, LCR, LC9, SR556, SR9, SR9C, Gold Labels etc. They build a great firearm/s. It puts retailers in a bit of a bind when there are none to sell, and we are unable to meet the customer demands because of production.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top