JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of cheaper but similar holsters to this? Heck, if they're great quality mention equal or more expensive as well. Obviously cheaper and still high quality is a win. So far this is the best I've seen that meets my requirements but I thought I'd see what other suggestions are out there.
Light-Compatible Sidecar – T.REX ARMS

I'm considering switching to appendix carry.
Requirements are:
Right handed
Glock 19 Gen4
Carries TLR1
Has extra mag holder

Would love the following as well:
Glock 26,19,17 Gen4 and Gen5 (I know some open ended holsters work this way - smaller pistol just doesn't fill holster but is still secure (maybe not with the light) and larger just sticks out the bottom)
Optic compatible
Adjustable cant
Shirt tuckable

Thanks!

I don't know about price. But if you're looking for a sidecar type holster take a look at Tier 1 Concealed. Lots of good reviews on them.

The question I keep asking the sidecar folks, however, is why? Because to me, sidecars seem like a solution looking for a problem. Why a sidecar? Or more specifically, what does an attached magazine carrier do for you better than a stand alone holster and mag carrier does? Because I can certainly see some possible problems with sidecars rigs...
  • The attached sidecar prevents the holster from rotating in along the body line and thus leads to greater printing. But note that Tier 1 seems to have resolved this possible issue with their design
  • You may end up with neither the holster or the mag carrier in exactly the right place
  • You may need to turn your belt buckle to the side to fit a sidecar rig along your centerline.
Now these may not be problems for a given user. But then again they could be. So what benefits do you get from a sidecar rig that you don't get from a stand alone setup?

Fair questions.
First, I'm not decided I want to try it yet but I figured I'd get some input since I'd been thinking about it.
Reasons:
More and more I'm having people bump/brush up against me and that's got me wondering if I should move from the poorly protected 4 o'clock area to the appendix area for the sake of having it a little more in a personal bubble.
I don't have a specific reason to go with the integrated mag holster, but thought maybe it'd make for a convenient setup. Grab one thing and you're set.
I'm (almost too) skinny. I'm pretty sure if I stick a holster and mag separately in my front they'll slide around if I'm not careful. Just the way I'm shaped.
A single item is okay if I'm careful, but two have a gap between them and they just don't stay put.

Can't say I like the idea of carrying up front though. Seems like it'll make sitting/driving, bathroom stops, and adjusting your britches a little less comfortable and a little more awkward.

Fair questions.
First, I'm not decided I want to try it yet but I figured I'd get some input since I'd been thinking about it.
Reasons:
More and more I'm having people bump/brush up against me and that's got me wondering if I should move from the poorly protected 4 o'clock area to the appendix area for the sake of having it a little more in a personal bubble.
I don't have a specific reason to go with the integrated mag holster, but thought maybe it'd make for a convenient setup. Grab one thing and you're set.
I'm (almost too) skinny. I'm pretty sure if I stick a holster and mag separately in my front they'll slide around if I'm not careful. Just the way I'm shaped.
A single item is okay if I'm careful, but two have a gap between them and they just don't stay put.

Can't say I like the idea of carrying up front though. Seems like it'll make sitting/driving, bathroom stops, and adjusting your britches a little less comfortable and a little more awkward.

A properly paired gun/holster combo is perfectly comfortable standing, squatting, seated - driving, working, peeing or pooping are fine. Your height matters more than your waist - short dudes may want shorter muzzles. Tall dudes can appendix carry a Glock 34.

Some guys want a holster to move and ritate as your body position changes. Me - I prefer a fixed, unmoving holster. For my needs, I usr twin snap loops for attachment on the holster. Vertical cant, in what I call modified appendix, that is I carry at 1:30 - 2:00 position. 12-1:00 carry does not work for me, but my body shape makes a good pocket for a large gun to comfortably sit. I can carry a full size pistol like a Sig P220, Glock 17, M&P full size etc quite comfortably. I'm 6'4" @ 295lbs tho.

I have not found attached mag carriers to work well for me. They print, and the mag carrier is needlessly uncomfortable. I prefer my mags on the opposite side of my body. I have 3 setups - pocket carry, IWB in a tuckable carrier, or in an OWB paddle style mag carrier. Pocket carry is 95% of how I carry my spare mag - and I use two methods there. Mostly, its carried in a special pocket on my work pants, or in the front pocket along with my Leatherman, and my flashlight (big pockets)

My other pocket solution is a kydex pocket mag carrier that has a paracord lanyard to pop the mag carrier off the mag on drawing the mag for a reload.

If you really want the Sidecar stye rig but cant get a sidecar, look up Last Line of Defense on YouTube he makes similar holsters.

I am not gonna tell you why because I cant do it justice. I heard the topic discussed on the gram and the guy gave an explanation that layed down why so many people like "sidecar" type holsters. Seems like there might be some real reasons. Also since so many highly trained and knowledgeable people run that type of setup, likely theres a good reason!

As far as holsters go obviously you gotta go with what works for you, probably require some trial and error. Sometimes some comfort is worth sacrificing in some cases. Gotta decide for yourself!

I am not gonna tell you why because I cant do it justice. I heard the topic discussed on the gram and the guy gave an explanation that layed down why so many people like "sidecar" type holsters. Seems like there might be some real reasons. Also since so many highly trained and knowledgeable people run that type of setup, likely theres a good reason!

As far as holsters go obviously you gotta go with what works for you, probably require some trial and error. Sometimes some comfort is worth sacrificing in some cases. Gotta decide for yourself!

They are fast, they conceal well if you have the right body type. They do have some advantages for some dudes.

Fair questions.
Reasons:

I carry at appendix and have never tried a sidecar rig. I'd certainly like to but my holster drawer is full enough already so I'd love to borrow one to try and/or at least understand the benefits of them first.

I personally don't find appendix carry uncomfortable. In fact I find it more comfortable than carrying behind the hip...which is essentially impossible for me due to the seat bolsters in my truck. It's nice having the gun right in front from a security standpoint, ease/speed of draw, and being able to draw easily while seated.

Note that you can get some rubbing with the bottom part of the holster. Some companies like JM Custom Kydex offer an additional neoprene wedge that can be attached to the bottom of the holster. This helps with basic comfort and can help further push the holster in and along your body line. But it's not too hard to add a bit of padding yourself if you find the rig rubs you the wrong way.

If you do try a sidecar, be sure to let us know what you think once you've had some time with it. :)

Along with basically anything by Tier 1 Concealed (all of which I've tried and loved) I'm also really impressed with Patriot Holsters. The only downside with Patriot Holsters is that they're a husband and wife team in Texas which makes their lead times pretty long, but the wait is worth it in my opinion.

Maybe it's just me but it makes more sense that if you draw with your right then your spare mag should be accessible with your left hand.

Maybe it's just me but it makes more sense that if you draw with your right then your spare mag should be accessible with your left hand.
Totally should be. I wouldn't argue.
Most of these accommodate that.
It's centered on your front so you can reach the mag with your left hand (or right if that's your support hand).

I had one of these four years ago. It cracked after a few years of use. Never had any issues with retention or clips.
I've had one of these now for a few years. It works well and has excellent retention. The clips have never failed me. I did have to shave the inner piece to clear my magazine release.
When it cracks I'm going to get one of these.

Sidecar style means the magazine is always exactly where you expect it to be and there is no pinching of your abdomen by a separate inline magazine carrier. The downsides are they do require final shaping to match your body exactly and they break after years of use.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top