JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a shop that can process a private party transfer in portland metro area. I figured this would be easier than the white pages. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

North of you, near Hillockburn Road and Hwy 211, is Box P Ranch Firearm Sales.

He does all my transfers.

<broken link removed>

Did a Private Party transfer through Tigard Pawn 4 More on Saturday morning. They opened up 10 minutes early, charged $27 total (including background fee), were VERY helpful with the transaction, and knowledgeable about firearms.

Alan went out of his way to help the seller by "loaning" a tool so he could remove a holster he had installed in his vehicle. He also "loaned a pistol lock, rather than charging $4 to buy one.
Very positive experience.

I also have had great experiences with and would recommend Tigard Pawn 4 More. Alan, Tim, the young guy and the lady are all nice and efficient. During my first experience purchasing a lower from PSA, I thought I had selected TIGARD PAWN 4 more from the FFL list but the gun ended up going to A cut above Pawn. When I mistakenly went to Tigard Pawn 4 more, Alan was the most awesome person to deal with and even gave me detailed directions to A cut above Pawn. I promised him I'd be back and I've since come back 3 times to Alan. The staff at A cut above Pawn seemed efficient and their firearm gear and prices were actually among the most fair I've ever seen. The staff wasn't as friendly as Tigard Pawn 4 more but I like how cut above Pawn didn't charge me $2 for a color copy of my ID as well as their willingness to accept card payment for transactions. What I did not like about Tigard PAWN 4 more was their requirement to pay transfer/bgc/photocopy ID fees with cash only. How else am I gonna get those reward points???:p With that said, I'd probably prefer to use A cut ABOVE Pawn from here on out even though the drive is an extra 15 minutes. I don't like to keep cash and hate having to make unnecessary pit stops to an atm especially when I'm travelling 45 minutes already. Either way, id say youre in good hands using either if those places. Just my $.02 :cool:

Last Edited:
Will "A Cut Above Pawn" hand over your firearm 3 days after an OSP delay date runs out?
Tigard Pawn 4 More stand firm on the 2nd amendment and will work with you on any issues that crop up with the OSP background check.
Not all FFL's will do this, and they can and will indefinitely hold onto your firearm until you get the slow as molasses OSP to clear you of the delay.

I too had to pay for a color copy the other day, but since I have a color printer at home and lots of trigger locks, I know now to bring those items with me.
The Tigard Police department right down the street gives away free trigger locks.

A bit late, but I just completed a private party transfer through US Guns off of Barbur aND will definately be using them in the future for any and all FFL transfers I need. And it isn't a pawn shop so that is another benefit. Good luck, and have fun with the new gun!

Se 135th and Powell has a pawn shop that is pretty cool. $30 for a transfer and BC.
Money Market Pawn Shop. I use them for all of my transfers now because 1) They're close. And 2) 20 bucks for a x-fer fee is about as "reasonable" as you're likely to find in PDX.

Peter is a nice guy, and so is everyone else who works there. I'd like to give him more business than just transfers but he's a little rigid on his prices. One of these days I'll catch him off-guard and haggle him down...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top