JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd say "send CMP an email and ask" if the logo's important, but their email response rate sucks diarrheic arse--I sent them some questions before Camp Perry in July and they STILL haven't responded.

I'm inclined to take that as "if they can't answer a newb's questions they don't want newbs participating."

I'd say "send CMP an email and ask" if the logo's important, but their email response rate sucks diarrheic arse--I sent them some questions before Camp Perry in July and they STILL haven't responded.

I'm inclined to take that as "if they can't answer a newb's questions they don't want newbs participating."
When I had questions about the process of ordering my service grade Garand, I,,,, are you ready for this? I mean, better prepare yourself! I CALLED them, on the phone, and a very nice, but somewhat harried, lady answered the phone and gave me the info I needed.

When I had questions about the process of ordering my service grade Garand, I,,,, are you ready for this? I mean, better prepare yourself! I CALLED them, on the phone, and a very nice, but somewhat harried, lady answered the phone and gave me the info I needed.
In my case it was more Rules questions than Store. The Store folks have a solid rep for above-and-beyond... the pencilpushers and papershufflers that make match rules, maybe not so much.

Really? I've never dealt with solid rifle cases but the CMP case I just got a Garand in weighs around 11 pounds. Has four solid latches, thick heavy foam and two places for locks.
Then they must have changed it. The one I got with my Garand years ago was cheap crap. I gave it away.

My first M1, maybe 15 years ago, came in a cardboard box, no case at all.

I have a couple of the big, bulky, plastic cases in my garage. Honestly I never use them. They're just too big to be practical, to me. When I head to the range I throw them in a soft case that takes up 1/3 of the room.

You CALLED someone ?
I'm tellin' Pa !

:)

I have a couple of the big, bulky, plastic cases in my garage. Honestly I never use them.
No kidding! The case alone weighs very close to what the rifle weighs. I'd think a person would only use that heavy case if they needed to ship the gun. The cost of that case makes that Garand that came in it cost a C-note less though!

My M1 came in a cardboard box, wrapped with bubble wrap and handed to me over the counter in the United States Post Office for $250. I was pissed as I had just missed the deadline from the price jump from $165!

No FFL, maybe a signature.

With my bad luck I drew a Winchester, reconditioned at Letterkerny Arsenal in '64.

My M1 came in a cardboard box, wrapped with bubble wrap and handed to me over the counter in the United States Post Office for $250. I was pissed as I had just missed the deadline from the price jump from $165!

No FFL, maybe a signature.

With my bad luck I drew a Winchester, reconditioned at Letterkerny Arsenal in '64.
That must have been awhile ago! Service grade cost me $750.00 + $25.00 transfer, and a 5 month to the day wait.

I read that now CMP has raised the field Grade price to $700.00 from $650.00.

I'm more upset that gasoline went up over a dollar a gallon in 7 months. Which means everything buy, everything! Goes up too. I could sell that Garand I paid $775.00 delivered to my hands for $1,200.00. That's never going to happen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top