JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd really like to get one of the new molded cases for the garand, but I have yet to find any way to purchase one other than getting a rifle from the CMP. No luck so far on any of the typical trade sites as well. Any other ideas?

Just ask, there are likely quite a few people on here that have some they're not using, that they'd sell, myself included. I have a couple just taking up space, if you ever get down this way.

Edit- I just did a search, and realized you're probably talking about something different. My cases are from several years ago, and it looks like they have a new style case now?

The ones I have are the OD green Plano hard cases with foam inside. I read that the newest ones are form-fit specifically for the M1 Garand.

Edit- actually a Plano ProMax 1531. Apparently they've used a variety of different types over the years.

Last Edited:
1.) Order a Garand from the CMP.
2.) Remove the rifle from the case.
3.) Sell the rifle to me.*
4.) Keep the case.

* At a steep discount because it's missing the original case after all.

-E-

The CMP Garand cases are garbage. Cheap Plano boxes.
Really? I've never dealt with solid rifle cases but the CMP case I just got a Garand in weighs around 11 pounds. Has four solid latches, thick heavy foam and two places for locks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top