JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was gonna say I know of a dealer in the Winlock area, but he most assuredly pays the governor, so he's out of the list. He also calls in the NICS, makes you wait the five days for the pistol (minus CPL) and follows all the other laws...so...keep looking I guess...

I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard that if its not a brick and mortar place you don't have to pay the sales tax. Correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks!

You are asking for the name of someone who knowingly breaks the law on an open forum? Any retail sale of anything but food (or a few other things) in WA is taxable.

You heard wrong!!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Why would the BATFE care about the WA sales tax? Would failure to collect be a federal offence that would qualify for FFL revocation/arrest?

Just trying to understand who would actually be fishing in this case... :D

Maybe its the WSP... :s0114:

Feds use all sorts of tricks and some anti gunners are more than happy to troll like this for free, seeking victims for state/Fed harassment. We are at war for our remaining liberties, folks

Why would the BATFE care about the WA sales tax? Would failure to collect be a federal offence that would qualify for FFL revocation/arrest?

Just trying to understand who would actually be fishing in this case... :D

Maybe its the WSP... :s0114:

Oh, oh....I vote for the WSP! I like that idea! or the state revenue department....

OK if you rob a store,it's probably a felony.If you rob a liqueur store,they could make it federal since liqueur is regulated by the fed gov.
A gun crime can become federal easily because the feds regulate guns to some extent.
If you are committing a crime of any value and guns or anything federally regulated is involved,maybe the BATF wants a piece?

Speaking of the BATF,who brought the chips?

on any retail transaction sales tax must be paid. Who pays it is between the dealer and the customer.

According to the <broken link removed> it's the Washington gun dealer that is required to collect the Use Tax. I don't know if he can be audited by DOR, but I would imagine if he was audited he would be required to pay any uncollected Use Tax, then it would be up to him to come after you for reimbursement.

According to the <broken link removed> it's the Washington gun dealer that is required to collect the Use Tax. I don't know if he can be audited by DOR, but I would imagine if he was audited he would be required to pay any uncollected Use Tax, then it would be up to him to come after you for reimbursement.

Yes, they can and are audited by the DOR (just like ANY business that collects sales/use tax for the state)!! It happened here in Vancouver to one FFL. The owner had to pony up the money to pay the state. The word is that some people paid him back, others didn't.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show