JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you talking directional gps like that you would buy for a car?

Or a topographical mapping app for out in the woods or general land mapping?

Are you talking directional gps like that you would buy for a car?

Or a topographical mapping app for out in the woods or general land mapping?

Topographical mapping app for out in the woods or general land mapping.
Sorry I should have been more specific. Just something I can type the cords in and
get a read out. I can do it on my PC but looking for one I can also use on a Phone.
Some of my research is making this more common so, looking for something easier.
A paid app is ok too. J

Just wanted to verify first before giving you something you don't need info on.

I use Gaia GPS on my iPhone. You can download entire sections of maps to your phone using this app. In other words when your our in the woods and you do not have cell service you have the map. iPhones, I don't know about others, for the most part ping gps satellites without cell coverage, so GPS works on them without cell service. Combine that with a map saved to the phone, it is a handy tool. It loads maps regularly with cell service too just like any other directional map gps app does too.

I checked, and do not see it for droid? Maybe its an apple only thing
Appears there is a very limited droid version, the reviews show the Apple one is way better.
Thanks you @Reno911 , i'll keep hunting around.

Second OnX. You can get a 7 day free trial before purchasing.
If you are going to use it for more than one state you have to purchase the Elite membership for all states. The premium membership only lets you buy one state.

I actually am looking for a world wide access, I should have included more details in what I am looking for. I will Check Onx though, downloading it as we speak. TY

I have GAIA on my androids, and I purchased a garmin GLO, which is a gps rcvr that gets all the US sats plus the numerous Russian sats and this setup allows my droids to connect via bluetooth. works well on stand alone tablets with no cell subscription. works where there is zero cell service, can run 5 droids off 1 glo. and the gaia software and web tools are awesome.

Another for Gaia. Currently the iPhone version has some advantages, but I understand the re-vamping of the Android version is in process and supposed to be done soon.

I use Avenza, have a pro subscription for work. If you go to their map store and filter by free maps there's a ton. I use the crap out of the free quads on it. I tried On X, but hated it when I was on the edge of service. Even though you can download maps, it prefers to use your cell signal. If you're in an area that has marginal service it gets real clunky.

i spend a TON of time in the woods. i use GAIA maps on my iphone. works offline if you select an area you want to download before going out. it costs money to download the app initially but its worth it if it saves your life out in the woods.

i also pack 2 compass with me too. 1 for when things get bad and a 2nd for when that one breaks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top